i have been lookin around for a new amp, and i was curious what other people think about the valveking....

my specs:
jackson rr3 w/ blackouts
marshall jackhammer dist. peadl
i play metal
will play gigs
thinking this or jsx or something else
dont ask about my price range because im looking, then i will get money
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Peavey Vyper would work better for you IMO.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

the 212 is perfect for gigs, 100 watts of tube power, most people will say that you need to change the speakers and the tubes, but its crap, you dont need to its just fine with the stock setup. its has a good metal sound but personaluy i think the lead channel on the amp is to muffled.
if you buy on then plan to spend around 600 to 800 for it.
this thread will most likely get closed, so i'm courious to see how many responses this gets.
VKs arent too bad for metal. Throw an OD in front of one, and with the blackouts, you should get a great sound. Randalls are good, try out one of those, or maybe a B-52 AT 112.
thanks guys
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
The VK sounds about right for you, But the JSX would be better
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Well first off you should use the search bar - there have been a million threads asking questions about the VK.

Also, if you are considering something like a JSX then why would you even consider a VK!? Thats like comparing a Dodge Neon to a Dodge Viper.
Quote by thementor
Peavey Vyper would work better for you IMO.

Nah, probably wouldn't be so good for gigs, and he said he will be playing gigs.

Try out the Valveking, it gets mixed reviews by different people.
If you swap the speaker and and use an OD as a boost like I do then you can get some really nice metal tones out of it. Completely stock and without an OD it will be difficult to get much more than early metallica tones out of it.

But the way I have mine set up I can get a nice Bodom/As I Lay Dying, etc. tone easily out of it. And for a Thrash tone it's really nice. There are tons of clips and covers on my page using mine if you wanna hear what it sounds like.

But if you have the money for a JSX don't even consider a VK. The JSX is lightyears ahead of it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
its nice if it was all that fit into your budget, but since your willing to save more, go for the JSX.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
do not get a valveking, I bought 1.. It's poor quality distortion, even with a TS9. The tone is unclear an noisy, bad for gigging. I sold it on ebay the other day, I'm replacing it with a JCM 2000
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808