Ok A lot of the music I write is about creepy stuff so obviously I need a sound to reflect that. I've already got two delays to help enhance the atmospheric quality, but I'm looking for other things. I don't want to change my tone, the tone I have is fine. I"m just looking for some pedals to help add to the sound. So what pedals do you guys suggest to really help bring out the creepy atmosphere?
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
It's not necessarily the tone or sound itself that makes it creepy but what you play. Try doing a dual guitar part or guitar and keyboard and arrange it so that it will be slightly dissonant in the parts you want to sound extra creepy. And there is my two cents.
A good reverb pedal, like a Holy Grail. Maybe a looper, so you can layer your delays or just experiment with stuff. Possibly a Line 6 synth or the EHX synth, for finky effects and low, odd synth tones.
An E-bow could be fun
or a floyd rose and alot of feedback
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ortrigger
It's not necessarily the tone or sound itself that makes it creepy but what you play. Try doing a dual guitar part or guitar and keyboard and arrange it so that it will be slightly dissonant in the parts you want to sound extra creepy. And there is my two cents.
Already covered on that. i have a keyboard, and a looping pedal that I use to layer stuff up. I"m just looking for something to add a little edge.

EDIT: on topic about the keyboard organ tones are a must for the ultra creepy stuff

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
ebow, cello bow, washy reverbs in conjunction with your delays, single coils or p-90s in your guitars (I find they're better for atmospheric stuff), delay/looper like the Line 6 DL4.
if you play with a lot of gain, I've always thought choruses (plural - chori?) makes distorted guitar sound creepy
Quote by HibyPrime
if you play with a lot of gain, I've always thought choruses (plural - chori?) makes distorted guitar sound creepy
Yeah they do work for that. I've done it with my CE-2. Works best with a lot of depth and low rate.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by HibyPrime
All the stuff I write is clean. Sometimes the solos have distortion so I will have to try that.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
vibrato pedals can sound pretty eerie if you want them to.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Creepy as in xgorexcorex, or creepy as in Sunn O))), boris, Neurosis etc?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Flanger.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores