What does it mean like for example someone used a JSX clean channel with a DS1 Boost. WHat does it mean to boost?
I don't quite understand the first question, but to boost means to push the input level of the guitars signal to overdrive the tubes in an amp.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
I don't quite understand the first question, but to boost means to push the input level of the guitars signal to overdrive the tubes in an amp.

e.g. like a OD pedal.

As to your first question: The JMX is an amp. It has two channels, a clean and dirty channel respectively. He/She used the clean channel with an OD pedal.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

sorry the first part is an example i just wanted to know what boosting something means.
SO does it increase the gain but not change distortion
Quote by IbanezMan65
sorry the first part is an example i just wanted to know what boosting something means.
SO does it increase the gain but not change distortion

No. ODing will change your distortion. The tubes in the amp will become more saturated with energy, giving the tube natural distortion.

This is why tubes pwn.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

And a DS1 Boost is probably referring to the Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal. A very common pedal.
I don't recommend it though.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.