Page 1 of 2
I thought I would make this thread because I just saw the old chip in my acoustic that reminds me of this story:

I went to the movies with one of my friends who was also a guitarist. I was spending the night at his house after the movie. My mom brought me my guitar because she is awesome. So after the movie I pull my guitar out of its case to show it off a little, and while playing it, the strap breaks and it falls face down onto the pavement, my mom watching. It was my mom's high school graduation present that she passed down to me when I first started playing guitar. She was so pissed off. I just felt terrible, about the guitar itself and about hurting what at one time in her life, was my mom's only possession.

It's all good though. The face isn't scratched and it is still perfectly playable. There is only a minor chip in the neck and a small abrasion on the headstock.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
One time at band practice I was playing and my strap, which was on the verge on breaking, broke and slammed right into my drummer's table. A chunk of wood broke off my guitar and dented the table.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Because of that story TS I'm going to buythe most reliable strap to protect my schecter tempest
I got straplocks the day I got my first guitar.

So, no stories from me.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
One time, I strangled this dude with a guitar strap.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
one time i was playing my guitar standing up and the strap came off...

luckily i'm smart enough to keep holding onto the neck when the strap comes off
anyone ever see the show where clapton played with the band where his strap broke and their guitarists picked up so quick it wasn't even noticeable that clapton had stopped playing.
one day at band practice, my bass player had just taught me how to flip the guitar around myself, and we had gone outside to practice, i didnt have strap locks so i had used a bunch of duct-tape to hold the strap on...welll you know what happens next, guitar goes flying.

it was actually fine, other then being a little out of tune, due to it landing in a patch of fairly soft grass. I consider myself so lucky.
my frieds strap comes off whenever he puts it on so he usually plays sitting down but one time when we were jamming with sum peoples it fell off and **** happened
Well it turned out that my first guitar didn't have reliable craftsmanship, because I was playing once and the screw by the neck popped right out of the guitar and the guitar crashed straight into the ground. However, there was no real damage, just a couple of scratches. So I got the screws fixed up. Not exactly a strap failure, but close enough, I think.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
i was at a show once and at the end of our cover of My Generation I was pulling these shreddy bass licks at the end but because of the way I had my bass postitioned and because it was a custom it was heavyer then a normal bass the strap broke halfway through my licks. Its good that I was holding the neck, but I had to get out a pick and position it a certain way so I could continue playing.

not that bad but its my only strap fail.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
I was playing Back in Black full blast and jumping around the house like Angus used to do. Well, out of the blue, I was doing the leg kick and the guitar falls. The edge of the guitar hits my foot and spins in mid air and lands right in front of me and I trip and get poked with the sharp little ends of the strings on the tunning pegs. Good thing no one was filming
Stratocasters=

Quote by reb_49
You all seem to be confused a quite bit, let me put this down into these simple words: Music Is Always Evolving, The Problem Is That People Aren't

Favorite Guitarists -
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
One time I was jamming, and my Low E was out of tune, so I tried using my teeth to tune the string... well this was before I had strap locks and yeah. I ended up with a fat bloody lip.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
One day I was playing guitar in my socks and my strap broke and fell on my toe and broke it
One time i was spinning it around my neck and came of and impaled a man in the crowd. tragic.

No but, i havent had strap problems
Mine broke when I was playin and it fell on the ground. No chips, straches, abrasions, etc. It was even still in tune JACKSON FTW!!!
Why do none of you keep hold of the guitar neck? just wondering...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx4K4A8r_-M&feature=related

this isn't me, i just thought it was funny as hell
I don't need to tell a story, my experience was a lot like this ol' poor guy.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
anyone ever see the show where clapton played with the band where his strap broke and their guitarists picked up so quick it wasn't even noticeable that clapton had stopped playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHkvH_VlgA&feature=channel_page

At 0:54.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
i was playing in a talent show and my strap came off. But i always hold the neck, so i've never dropped my guitar the countless times that has happened.
Quote by DirtyMakik

THSAT WASQ MPY SKLUUUL`:PL IM'UH SOPI WASATEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

The Dr. Pepper Group
My friend was using the school bass (which was usually in my possession, this was in grade 6 before I had my own) for a Blues Brothers skit we did, and just as we were running back on-stage all together, the strap slipped off at the top and the base of the guitar smashed onto the ground, not noticeably to the audience, but left a dent in the stage from the strap button.
^it's kind've difficult to keep hold of an 11+ lb musicman stingray as its plummeting to the ground.

EDIT:this was to SPBY
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
This happens to me sometimes during band practice, so I do the Captain Morgan pose with my leg on a chair while I play.
All your base are belong to us.
I was standing there...And my guitar fell. I cried for a second.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I use heavy leather straps, and straplocks, I have never had this happen.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
before i got strap locks my SG would almost fall every now and then but i always keep my hand on the neck so it never got f ed up
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
First post ever on UG's forum !

I saw this thread on UG's front page so I decided to tell u guys my guitarist's nightmare show.

We we playing for 5 min , maybe halfway in the second song when his strap broke and his guitar fell to the ground hard....2 broken string and wayyyyyyyy out of tune. So , he asked to one of the other band if they could let him use on of their guitars. One guys gave him his brand-new Gibson LesPauls and told him he would be fine with it. After 2 or 3 songs , he started to feel comfortable with the guitar so he started rockin' out again with us.....Then the impossible arrived....The strap just slipped off when he bended to play a solo and the guitar fell O-F-F T-H-E S-T-A-G-E.....Volume knob broke , broke one string and the paint on the body was gone at some places.....

His birthday was December 28th so we all got together and bought him 2 new straps and 2 pairs of straplocks !

P.S Sorry if my english is off at some points but I'm from Quebec :P

Playing Epiphone Plain Top Les Paul during band practice and strap thread came loose and neck hit the cement hard. Fixed it the next day and still plays and sounds good.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by funkbass369
^it's kind've difficult to keep hold of an 11+ lb musicman stingray as its plummeting to the ground.

EDIT:this was to SPBY
you're one scrawny ass kid then
bought a ec1000 and had got a strap from my mom for my bday last year. Im playing for no longer than 5 minutes and the leather on the strap just rips in half and the head stock falls and chips...i was so pissed.

also had my trumpet sitting with the bell on the floor next to me guitar, my lil bro goes to grab the trumpet (don't know why) drops it on my guitar, it was an ibanez gio, my first guitar, POS i know, but it was my first guitar and i was pissed, two big chips out of the body, and when it fell over chiped the neck.
Quote by gnrliesmanlies

Yes sir, it's part of The Last Waltz dvd, which I highly recommend (if you havn't seen it). Clapton looks hilarious with his white man afro.

Anyway I was playing "Suck My Kiss" on my Stingray and I tilted the headstock up a little too high and the strap popped off and I took 4 big clover tuners to the side of the head, **** it hurt. Other than that I usually catch it if it ever falls.
Quote by burrit0
you're one scrawny ass kid then

i'm 5 foot 11 and im only 135 pounds. im scrawny as ****.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
i'm 5 foot 11 and im only 135 pounds. im scrawny as ****.
ok...
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
I saw that. Just goes to show how awesome Clapton is.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Quote by burrit0
ok...

you brought it up man.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay