im stuck on deciding which distortion pedal i should get, right now its between the digitech grunge or the metal master, im looking for a warm sounding distortion with good sustain for soloing and lead guitar, and plenty of flexibility. i play mostly metal and the two bands that i like covering is metallica and bullet for my vallentine, but cover a varity of stuff, any help will be appreciated.
sorry if this is written bad im fkng tired
IMO : Metal Master.

This is ONLY because I've owned 2 pedals from Digitech that hasn't lasted a MONTH. I've played on the metal master, and while I'm not a metal player, loved the tone. Very warm tone. IDK about flexibility, as i was trying to get some Enter Sandman tones out of it, which worked.

You might want to go try them just to make sure.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
IMO : Metal Master.

This is ONLY because I've owned 2 pedals from Digitech that hasn't lasted a MONTH. I've played on the metal master, and while I'm not a metal player, loved the tone. Very warm tone. IDK about flexibility, as i was trying to get some Enter Sandman tones out of it, which worked.

You might want to go try them just to make sure.

the metal master is made by digitech.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Personally I'm not a fan of the Grunge pedal...period.

Regardless of what you're trying to play, the Grunge pedal sounded very limited when I tried them....and I dont know what songs you could possibly cover (in other words, as far as I can recall I dont really recognize the tone of it at all. It sounded pretty terrible if you ask me)

I'm not a huge fan of the Metal Master, but I have not heard many bad reviews on it
I have a Metal Master. As far as the distortion that I get with that goes, I probably won't ever look for a different tone, but I definitely want to put a compressor on it.
You're*