Ok here's my problem. For Christmas and from what money I had before hand, I have been able to earn enough to buy a multi effects floor pedal. The two pedals I'm looking at are....

Line 6 Floor POD Plus Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Floor-POD-Plus-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104318258-i1172343.gc

and..

Boss ME-20 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-ME-20-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104479514-i1322617.gc

I like the line six because of the massive amounts of effects and doodads that I could have fun with and the metal wah pedal. But I don't know that brand very well and Boss I do know. I know that the boss pedal is reliable because.. hay.. its Boss.

I have just enough to grab either of them and I'm headed down the GC tomorrow. Input pronto would be much obliged
Boss ME-20. My friend has the Line 6 POD and he loved it until he played my Boss... Poor guy went out and bought one a week later...

We sold the POD on ebay for $50

But really, Boss is better because

#1 Better Company for pedals.

#2 More tone choices, and better sounding effects.

#3 POD distortion = fail. If you hear it you will understand.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

I can't say I've ever been a huge fan of muti-effect pedals, but I'd have to say thementor is right on this one. I tried the boss not too long ago and I can't say I was completely turned off by it.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Sounds good. I'll probably get a boss. Its all up to what sounds better when i try them tomorrow I guess.
I'm still looking for people opinions though. If u have a strong point I want to hear it!
Take a look at my thread a few pages away from here, use the Control+F function and type in my name...
Has some very good Multi FX discussion!
I have opted to go with the Line 6 POD XT Live
Wow people are just posting random crap.

1) In this case between these two models the line 6 is better.
2) The me-20 is just a bunch of cosm pedal models.
3) Pod distortion kicks ass, Idc what you think its awesome.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
i got the boss me-50 last year for xmas and it was really awesome. sort of. i mean the modulation efffects were sweet and it was just really convenient but it sucked my tone and the distortions on it were terrible, i really only liked the delays

i'd recommend investing in something better, what amp are you playing out of?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i hear pods are great, but they're pretty complicated...
i'd say go with the boss me-20, although i'm not a multieffects guy, i've used the me-20 and some of the settings are decent
i'm playing out of a cheap 15g fender frontman that came with my first guitar but I have done some tweaking and it sounds great through a pair of top of the line headphones I have and pretty good through the speaker surprisingly. It's nothing compared to a marshall but I can't really turn it up much or my hard of hearing parents get all aggravated. I'm leaving here in a minute to head out for some things and go to guitar center. Thanks for the help all. I think it's all coming down to what plays better for me. I'll post what I get when i'm home again.
I'd be inclined to go with the Boss in this case, since the floor pod apparently takes its tones from the Spider amps, which are awful.

I'd recommend saving a little bit more and getting a Pod XT Live/GT-8 if you can, though, either one of those would be significantly better.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Ok got home from the store and I'm a little depressed. I decided to pass on buying a pedal today because the boss seemed very confusing from playing with it a little and the line 6 wasn't even in stock (and they said they had none on order). I suddenly feel like I'm jumping the gun a bit. I need everyone's opinion on something. Is it worth 200 dollars to get something that I may never fully use and not completely understand when I could build a new guitar or save up for something else?
Quote by Nick_Toomey
Ok got home from the store and I'm a little depressed. I decided to pass on buying a pedal today because the boss seemed very confusing from playing with it a little and the line 6 wasn't even in stock (and they said they had none on order). I suddenly feel like I'm jumping the gun a bit. I need everyone's opinion on something. Is it worth 200 dollars to get something that I may never fully use and not completely understand when I could build a new guitar or save up for something else?

I'd wait and save. The thing with the multi-effects is that a year from now, or a few months from now, your ear for tone may develop a little bit more and you may not fully appreciate it. I take it that if you're looking for a multi-effects, you don't like your amp, right? So i suggest saving for an amp (tube) that'd you'd enjoy.
I completely agree. But right now I'm considering doing a frankenstrat project. I know its like winter but I'd wait to do paint. I wouldn't mind buying all the parts and assembling them cus I would still get the Eddie sounds if I get the right parts. I know I can't exactly his sound without a Marshall plexi head, mxr phase 90, a bunch of other pedals probably, and Eddie himself, but my dad and I rarely get time together because he travels a lot and a project like this would be more fun than you can imagine for the two of us. Plus I love tinkering and messing with guitars and stuff. My dads an engineer and I have a feeling that's where I get that from. So what do you think? Save for amp or do the frankenstrat project?
Quote by Nick_Toomey
I completely agree. But right now I'm considering doing a frankenstrat project. I know its like winter but I'd wait to do paint. I wouldn't mind buying all the parts and assembling them cus I would still get the Eddie sounds if I get the right parts. I know I can't exactly his sound without a Marshall plexi head, mxr phase 90, a bunch of other pedals probably, and Eddie himself, but my dad and I rarely get time together because he travels a lot and a project like this would be more fun than you can imagine for the two of us. Plus I love tinkering and messing with guitars and stuff. My dads an engineer and I have a feeling that's where I get that from. So what do you think? Save for amp or do the frankenstrat project?

do the frankenstrat project if your not gigging and your comfortable with your tone theres really no need to invest, spend time with your pops and build a guitar, my dad is my guitar tech and every night we do something new with my amps or pedals or pickups.
Yeah, I wouldn't delve into multi effects untill you're at least getting one like the XT or X3 live where you can TOTALLY reprogram the banks however you want, create your own patches, and use it for everything you need on stage. I wouldn't have been happy with 50 presets myself, because the XT and X3 are so in depth sometimes its almost as if you're working with an actual pedal chain. You just have to go through menu's to turn the knobs.

And yeah, for sure, build the guitar with your dad. I wish I could build one with mine, but he's not a guitar guy. We ski together instead. But yeah. Enjoy that! and you'll for sure learn stuff doing that too.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Spending lots of money is such a pain in the ass right now. Well I guess going with the project seems the right thing to do. Thanks everyone. Hey and echo_4190, you setup includes a boss superoverdrive. Thats the first and only pedal I have. What do you think of it?
Yeah, go with the FrankenStrat project, that's very cool, and if you were disappointed by the Boss ME-20, you shouldn't buy it.

Also, multi-effects are only a good option if you need to quickly get lots of effects.
If not, in my opinion building a custom pedal board (effect by effect) is the way to go.

If later you decide on buying a multi-fx pedal board, check out the Boss ME-50.
A friend of mine was about to buy a Line 6 multi-fx pedal board. I took him to a shop i know to try the Boss ME-50, and after 5 minutes of experimenting with it, he bought it right away. He really liked its tone, options, and simplicity.
And my brother just bought a Boss ME-50B (the bass version of the ME-50), and he really loves it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
If you do decide to go for a multi-fx board, I suggest the Zoom G2.1u.
It's in a different class to the Line6 or Boss. The Boss is horrible, just a collection of poor and fuzzy efffects pedal models.