I'm not nearly retarded as the title leads you to believe

Anyways, I'm getting a new guitar in March, and I'm geting an Ibanez of some sort with an HSH setup. After looking for a while and doing research, I've pretty much decided that depending on the pickups in the guitar (One is the 3550MZ 2009 model, other is the 7stringer with a maple fretboard.. not sure if the 7 string guitar has an HSH setup, but I'm also looking at the 1570, and 7321).

Anyways, the 3550MZ and 7 stringer will have a Basswoodbody with a Maple fretboard and maple neck. How would a Super Distortion, Chopper and PAF Pro setup sound in them? I need high output pickups. I chose a PAF Pro in the neck for it's great solo tones and great sounding mid-low gain rythm, the Chopper because it's a fairly warm sounding Single Coil, and the Super Distortion because I love it's one for plain old, balls to the wall brutal metal rythm, and even solo.

tl;dr
Anyways, I've yet to see this combination used in a Basswood body with Maple neck and fretboard. I was just wondering, should I think about some other neck pickup? I'm afraid the PAF Pro may be too sharp and harshly bright. Anyone know if it'll sound good, and if not, what neck pickup should I get instead?

Sorry, I'm sure you guys have seen this kind of thread a million times.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
What amp are you using?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I'll be using a Peavey VK 212 with 2x British Lead speakers (Like Celestion Vintage 30s, but sound way better and sound better with soloing/lead playing).
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Personally I tend to stay away from Ibanez but I'm pretty sure that it'll sound pretty ok since basswood it pretty dull already those dimarzos should warm it up.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."