#1
i just shocked the hell out of my arm
i had my foot on a pedal and the inner part of my forearm touched the bridge of my bass and i got friggin zapped

felt id share :/


im bored...
#4
Mine also. It only seems to happen to me when I am touching a large number of strings AND something else metal.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#5
i had someone playing bass beside me once and he had excess string hanging off his tuners and they touched my arm and managed to shock me...
#6
one time my friend and i were playing guitar, he dropped his pick and leaned over to get it and the end of his uncut string happened to go into an electrical socket. sparks flew everywhere and he burned his hand by touching the strings at the bridge.
#9
Kinda makes me want to avoid purchasing a Traben bass, since the bridge is extremely hard to not touch since it is quite large.

:l
Hi.
#10
^ lol

I have an ole Peavey Basic 40, which has a two-prong plug that can easily be inserted upside-down into the outlet. When this happens, anything metal that you touch, be it your strings, the metal face on the amp, or the metal corner protectors, will shock you. I did this once and sat down on the amp to play, in my boxers...I was touching two of the corner protectors and the strings all at the same time. This was not a pleasant experience.
Nope, no sig here.
#11
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ lol

I have an ole Peavey Basic 40, which has a two-prong plug that can easily be inserted upside-down into the outlet. When this happens, anything metal that you touch, be it your strings, the metal face on the amp, or the metal corner protectors, will shock you. I did this once and sat down on the amp to play, in my boxers...I was touching two of the corner protectors and the strings all at the same time. This was not a pleasant experience.




You, Sir, are the first one in 2009 to make my day.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#12
I had a guitar amp that used to do that to me, if I was touching the strings and something metal (or a person holding somthing metal) it would shock me. So when I used to sing and I'd accidently touched my lips to the mic, it would shock me.

It wasn't a little shock either. It hurt really bad. and then I'd get radio.


So glad I don't have that amp anymore.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
#13
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ lol

I have an ole Peavey Basic 40, which has a two-prong plug that can easily be inserted upside-down into the outlet. When this happens, anything metal that you touch, be it your strings, the metal face on the amp, or the metal corner protectors, will shock you. I did this once and sat down on the amp to play, in my boxers...I was touching two of the corner protectors and the strings all at the same time. This was not a pleasant experience.


i loled
#14
This can mean your grounding isn't perfect - I'd watch out. If you're touching the strings with both hands, the charge will move from your right to your left, across your heart.

So, check all your equipment - Might wanna use a surge protector or something.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol


Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!



And now on BANDCAMP!


Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
#15
Quote by l3p4rd
I had a guitar amp that used to do that to me, if I was touching the strings and something metal (or a person holding somthing metal) it would shock me. So when I used to sing and I'd accidently touched my lips to the mic, it would shock me.

It wasn't a little shock either. It hurt really bad. and then I'd get radio.


So glad I don't have that amp anymore.

That would mean you had a faulty earth cable on your amp, that's fairly dangerous...
#16
Ungrounded equipment is not safe. Keith Relf of the Yardbirds actually was killed by his own ungrounded guitar back in the day as was Les Harvey of Stone the Crows (killed by an ungrounded microphone).

As "cool" as you think this might be--it means that something is wired wrong and you could be risking a trip to hospital or worse.