What is the difference between them? If someone could clarify this for me that'd be great! Thanks.
Quote by blue_strat
Save your money and just learn to tune a guitar.

Be helpful.

The Dark Fire is an upgraded version of the Robot. It has new tunning equipment, and has some thing that allows you to actually change the sound of the pickups(something like that I'm not a Gibson rep).

Basically,

Dark Fire = Robot +1
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
Be helpful.

The Dark Fire is an upgraded version of the Robot. It has new tunning equipment, and has some thing that allows you to actually change the sound of the pickups(something like that I'm not a Gibson rep).

Basically,

Dark Fire = Robot +1

yeah. change the tone or something
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by thementor
Be helpful.

Basically,

Dark Fire = Robot +1

Thanks for the very helpful and hasty reply, thementor! Also, to the previous poster, i wasn't going to buy this guitar, i was just curious to know the difference.
as stated before the robot just changes tunings, and the darkfire according to Gibson...
The Dark Fire also features a revolutionary Gibson-designed piezo bridge pickup that actually consists of six individual piezo pickups — one for each saddle/string. These piezo pickups go through a studio-quality active amplifier that allows for a stronger and more natural acoustic guitar sound. Combined, the two classic electromagnetic pickups and the piezo bridge pickup are wired in such a way to allow each individual coil to be used in a switching matrix, giving you over 20 separate combinations of tone and an incredible array of tonal possibilities.
I would like a guitar that tuned itself but I know I cant afford one.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i dont understand why all the ludites say things like "just buy a normal guitar and learn to tune it yourself" ... like they dont use an electronic tuner?!?!? this just takes that to the next level. it tunes accurately and quickly for you, genius!

personally i think the dark fire looks amazing. a p90 and a humbucker plus piezo pickups for a blendable acoustic tone. add to that all the retuning options and you have got an amazing guitar for your money... if you can afford it in the first place.
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
i dont understand why all the ludites say things like "just buy a normal guitar and learn to tune it yourself" ... like they dont use an electronic tuner?!?!? this just takes that to the next level. it tunes accurately and quickly for you, genius!

personally i think the dark fire looks amazing. a p90 and a humbucker plus piezo pickups for a blendable acoustic tone. add to that all the retuning options and you have got an amazing guitar for your money... if you can afford it in the first place.

+1 the Dark Fire looks great, and it's progressing, hopefully soon they'll let people who don't make six figures a year own one.
Quote by jairic
hopefully soon they'll let people who don't make six figures a year own one.

Amen to that brother! hallelujah!
Thank you please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmoQ_fAJos

at about 2:30 it shows the pickup control which I think is pretty cool.
starting at 3:15 it shows the tuning feature which is pretty cool too.

Whats with all the haters, gibson is just showing off what they are capable of. Its almost like major automakers and concept cars. Its just to show off, sometimes they make the models and sell a few sometimes they dont...
the difference is about £300? it is around here anyhow

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I own a Gibson SG Robot and I love it. But I ALSO know how to tune by ear. Its the convience that rocks, while on stage you can change tunings in a few seconds and you dont have to lug around multiple guitars.

I love my Robot. Though I got mine slightly used for $1200 as opposed to $3500 like most it was still well worth the investment =)
i saw the darkfire in japan. its a pretty sweet looking guitar. looks much better than any robot. personally i also think the p90 in the neck position is a good thing. buckers with coil tap would still be preferable though.
Quote by jairic
+1 the Dark Fire looks great, and it's progressing, hopefully soon they'll let people who don't make six figures a year own one.

I would love to have one...