Well i need a new amp. Combo amp may i add. I love the CS 800. Its great...but its like a tank and its heavy. Not to mention if you dropped it on someone..can you say lawsuit >.> So im afraid i can't use this for my purposes anymore. So I need new gear...and i was taking a look at a few combo amps.
After that, the next thing that caught my eye was the peavey Vypyr. Even the practice amp i have has gotten me somewhere when i have nothing else to use. But the two amps are like 20 years old, and im not sure how Peavey compares to other brands. So tell me about that.
NEXT thing was the line 6 Flextone III. Im sure i could get that extra 100 easily if i tried a little for it. However i haven't read anything except the reviews on guitar center, so i don't know anything about it.
Last is vox. I know nothing at all about vox. Amuse me.
I need an amp thats somewhere around 75w. Preferably. However, i heard that tube amps make it louder so i may accept tube amp suggestions.
Bottom Line Tell me about

flextone, Peavey's combo amps... and vox...or any other types
Around 75W. My price range is SOMEWHERE around 400 to 500. However depending on the quality i may go to 600... (flextone?)
Last edited by mudrock1000 at Jan 2, 2009,
No to the Spider mate, just don't go there. Try a Peavey Vypyr tube combo if you want modeling.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
What style of music do you play?

If your going to gig at all your probably gonna want to look at a tube amp. My choice out of those would be a Peavey Vyper, but that's just cause I'm in love with the sounds that thing makes. Not a Line 6 Spider, 99% of UG will tell you that.

I've heard good and bad about the Flextone, no opinion on that one.

Vox is a good, solid, medium range amp. The bigger you get with Vox, the worse it seems to sound IMO.

Good Luck mate
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by mudrock1000
Well i need a new amp. Combo amp may i add. I love the CS 800. Its great...but its like a tank and its heavy. Not to mention if you dropped it on someone..can you say lawsuit >.> So im afraid i can't use this for my purposes anymore. So I need new gear...and i was taking a look at a few combo amps.
The first thing that caught my eye was the Line 6 Spyder. However...i need it to play gigs. ANd ive been reading alot of arguements about it. So can someone clear this up for me? After that, the next thing that caught my eye was the peavey Vypyr. Even the practice amp i have has gotten me somewhere when i have nothing else to use. But the two amps are like 20 years old, and im not sure how Peavey compares to other brands. So tell me about that.
NEXT thing was the line 6 Flextone III. Im sure i could get that extra 100 easily if i tried a little for it. However i haven't read anything except the reviews on guitar center, so i don't know anything about it.
Last is vox. I know nothing at all about vox. Amuse me.
I need an amp thats somewhere around 75w. Preferably. However, i heard that tube amps make it louder so i may accept tube amp suggestions.
Bottom Line Tell me about

Line 6 spyder and flextone, Peavey's combo amps... and vox...or any other types
Around 75W. My price range is SOMEWHERE around 400 to 500. However depending on the quality i may go to 600... (flextone?)

what kind of music do you play?

'cause a Blackheart could be right up your alley.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
the only vox amp i've ever played was a valvetronix which was great cleans but no heavy distortion stuff.

and no to the spider.

if your going with a peavey though if you go to sam ash i think they still have a sale on the valveking at $419

as for which one, the vypr is a modeling amp and the valveking is not

i dont like modelling amps if you want my opinion and i REALLY like the valvekings reverb and bright switch along with the gain and volume boosts.

i'd prefer the valveking for gigging, i think the 112 which is at $419 at sam ash is 50 tube watts which is plenty loud.

as for info on line 6, they're good....beginner amps. when i see people start guitar i see a lot of marshall mgs (don't buy) and line 6 spyders.

but to me it's between the vypyr and the valveking depending on if you want modelling or not.
Guitars:
1991 Fender American Stratocaster
2008 Dean Ml '79

Amps:
Egnater Tweaker
Fender G-DEC 15

Pedals:
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop 535Q Chrome Series Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
Ibanez TS-808
Don't go near the Line 6 Spiders, just...dont.
The Vyprs would be worth a look, and I've heard good things about the Flextone, but have never tried it.

And also, it kinda sounds like your looking for amps based off of watts?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Last edited by ShrimpthePimp at Jan 2, 2009,
Good Line 6 amp = Spider Valve Series
Peavey vypyr = good reliable modeler amps.
Vox = old school british crunch company that have only recently started pursuing newer players with the valvetronix series, which imo is quite nice.

All three companies are pretty neat choices, though I never really dug the spider III series that much. Try out a line 6 spider, a vypyr 50, and the valvetronix 50.

They are all loud as ****.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Dude look at my gear, I have a Spider and have played on better Spiders....don't touch them they suck really bad I just dont have enough money at the moment to get a new amp.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
Uhh I play most styles of music. Mainly Ska and some punk. Those are the main ones...but like i said i play most styles.