Poll: How do you feel about band tattoos?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about band tattoos?
I think they are cool
20 30%
I think its a little too much
20 30%
I dislike tattoo's
7 10%
I don't care
20 30%
Voters: 67.
They could possibly be cool, but you might very well end up regretting them even more than other kinds of tattoos. Also, you'll definitely be opening up yourself to harassment about your musical tastes.
kill all humans
I have one. It's a symbol that's not very well known. I think that the band you get it of has to mean one hell of a lot to you, not just some thing you decided to get 'cause you were bored. Mine also marks a very significant time in my life, and that's something that will never lose meaning to me.
Quote by ewp805
^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ted!^^^

Monsterbeast is fat and ugly.
Last edited by haste the day at Jan 2, 2009,
poll is up btw.

In my opinion I think they are awesome just as long as they truly mean something to you.

also feel free to say if anyone has one or friends that have one
The Real Deal Holyfield
Make sure you don't have to get any incorrect apostrophes lasered off your arm.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
well for example i got the four symbols from led zeppelin tattooed on the back of my upper right arm. The reason I got it is because they are the ones to inspired me to pick up and learn guitar, plus each individual symbol represents some sort of virtue.

and on top of that I love their music and the symbols look bad ass haha.
The Real Deal Holyfield
getting a band tattoo is like getting a girlfriend's name tattoo. you might not like them down the road and you'll be left with something you end up regretting.
Go Veg.
I hope to get one when I move out. The Opeth "O" on my arm probably, maybe even the full logo. I might get the Spawn icon too.
Not necessarily, a lot of people get the symbol of a band or album that inspired them to get interested in music, which can change a person's life. That might me a good reason to get a band symbol tattoo.

A bad example: My uncle has the band symbol of the band that played at him and my aunt's wedding. They are now divorced.

It doesn't matter how old the band is or if the bad gets old or fades out of popularity as long as they mean something to you. Besides something to always remember when getting tattoos is you can't give a f*ck what anyone else thinks about it.
Quote by TurtlesNeverDie

Besides something to always remember when getting tattoos is you can't give a f*ck what anyone else thinks about it.

I agree with you, as long as you are happy with it. And just as long as you arent going to be molested or attacked because of it lol (i.e. nazi logo, hate symbols, etc.). But even then as long as you're ok with it it won't matter haha.

But then again not many people get that for band tattoos.
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by Opeth_Death
I hope to get one when I move out. The Opeth "O" on my arm probably, maybe even the full logo. I might get the Spawn icon too.

that would be badass dude opeth rock. I thought about it, but I couldn't find much of a reason to get it besides liking their music and having an awesome looking symbol.
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by Opeth_Death

I've been seriously debating getting the O on my back.

Great minds think alike
I don't have a sig. Or an avatar.
Quote by metalhead13
I've been seriously debating getting the O on my back.

Great minds think alike

Yeah, it'd be cool to get a huge one. Although on the back, you wouldn't get to see it much, and showing it to people in public may be somewhat of a hassle.
I've been a fan of Metallica for years and decided to get the new Scary Guy tattooed on my arm like a year ago. I don't regret it a bit. I may get more 'Tallica tats as well.
Simple, if you tattoo a logo, it really depends. I've been considering a Coheed and Cambria tattoo. I've been a fan for like 4-5 years now, so I'd be ready for a Keywork tattoo. Anyone who isn't sure about the band but really wants a tattoo of them could get the Dragonfly. Represents Coheed but it's such a generic symbol it wont bother you if you stop liking the band.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by metalderek
I've been a fan of Metallica for years and decided to get the new Scary Guy tattooed on my arm like a year ago. I don't regret it a bit. I may get more 'Tallica tats as well.

dude you know what I was thinking? maybe the shuriken looking thing they have. It would b pretty sick on the shoulder I think.
The Real Deal Holyfield
I wouldn't mind having Thursday's dove or Saosin's rhinoceros beetle, but just the logo. I think getting the name and everything is kinda tacky.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
i think that they're cheesy, overdone, and kinda fruity to be frank. they make you look like some wannabe tough guy that's really a tool. if you wanna get a tatoo, just get some fukkin' barbed wire around your bicep.
well I'd like to see you when you are 83 years old, your skin hanging down and on this wrinkly skin, see an apertite for destruction tatoo.

and I also quite like the band TATOO.

joke.
Band Tats look sorta cheesy... though I'm not one to complain considering I temporarily (i think) burnt Lucifers sigil into my forearm yesterday cuz one of my mates was gonna try self scarification by burning himself (band logo) and he was being a pussy.... xD
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DjDreslay
dude you know what I was thinking? maybe the shuriken looking thing they have. It would b pretty sick on the shoulder I think.

That tattoo got burnt out a long time ago. Every Metallica fan and their damn brother has one.
Quote by Captain Insano
You don't tatoo something that could potentially change on your body. Ever.

This. This girl I know got a giant Behemoth tattoo on her arm. Even though it's badass-looking now, I ed.
You're*
I don't mind them, but they seem like a bad idea. If I got a tattoo of Fallout Boy or something back when I liked them, I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was still wearing it now.

Temporary tattoos ftw!
XIAOXI