i've been kinda stuck in my playing lately, i'm working on sweeping and alternate picking but i'm having a hard time finding songs that incorporate these two that aren't overly difficult. anyone know of some good intermediate songs to learn?

thanks in advance
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
I honestly only know the basics of sweeping myself. But for alternate picking, just play whatever, and never pick in the same direction twice.

That all makes me sound like a noob... I'm not a noob, i'm just too tired and sick to come up with a good answer.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
your sick? that sucks. oh jesus that reminds me that i should get ready for my once a year sickness in january...always happens
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Dude, it isnt the cold.

I started puking two days ago, and i'm had problems of that sort since. There's no sign of it all letting off either.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Try Fade to Black by Metallica, no sweep picking (well, you can if you want on this one solo part). It's a solid intermediate song, and the solo is awesome.
Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold ? there's a little sweep picking part in the solo.
even though i don't like a7x ill try that out. and i don't mind if the song doesn't have any sweeping, i tend to take what parts of it i can and turn it into sweeping
Quote by smb
Quote by jimivancobain
even though i don't like a7x ill try that out. and i don't mind if the song doesn't have any sweeping, i tend to take what parts of it i can and turn it into sweeping

You can try Bed Of Razors by Children of Bodom. It's not a hard song, but maybe you'll find it challenging cuz it has some fairly fast inside alternate picking. Also, the solo has a sweep+tap section which is easy cuz its slow, so the finger tap at the end of each sweep can be achieved. Might take some practice though.

Just my suggestion ^^
Kissing The Shadows - Children of Bodom.

Learn classical/classical arrangements, such as "Flight of the Bumblebee".

You don't have to play it up to speed, just learn it slowly and gradually increase the tempo.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Iriathz
Kissing The Shadows - Children of Bodom.

Learn classical/classical arrangements, such as "Flight of the Bumblebee".

You don't have to play it up to speed, just learn it slowly and gradually increase the tempo.

Maybe he should save kissing the shadows until he's more advanced. But it's definetly a song that incorporates copious amounts of sweeping and alt picking.

+1 on learning classical arrangements. They sound awesome and help develop technique a lot. Bodoms arrangement of Vivaldis Presto off of "The Four Seasons-Summer" song should help greatly with alt picking.
all of these have been good suggestions, but stoner it wasn't smart to say for me to wait until i'm more advanced...it only made me want to play it more. that song would be awesome to learn...except i cant stand bands that scream instead of singing.
so just from now on, lets stay away from the strange subgenres of metal, even though they do incorporate a lot of techniques, i just can't stand the vocals.
Quote by smb
Quote by JessicaGonzo
welcome home - coheed and cambria

that was one of the first songs i learned after i got ph's down...and i 'm too lazy to memorize the solo even though it isn't that hard
Quote by smb