Why is it when ever I look at a picture or a video of Kurt Cobain or Dimebag Darrel theres always comments saying R.I.P.

But I look at pictures and videos of Jimi Hendrix, George Harrison, John Lennon etc...
I hardly see people putting R.I.P. for any of them, I do see them but not as often as Cobain or Dimebag. Why?
Because Hendrix and Lennon sucked.

Imedit: I didn't actually mean this. I was going for the trollish sarcastic comment and people agreed with me
Last edited by imdeth at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by Z0S07657
Why is it when ever I look at a picture or a video of Kurt Cobain or Dimebag Darrel theres always comments saying R.I.P.

But I look at pictures and videos of Jimi Hendrix, George Harrison, John Lennon etc...
I hardly see people putting R.I.P. for any of them, I do see them but not as often as Cobain or Dimebag. Why?

Dimebag and Cobain are probably more popular then other dead guys.
Quote by imdeth

This.

Quote by Punkable_Tabs
Dimebag and Cobain are probably more popular then other dead guys.

But more so probably this, and because they died more recently.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Its sad thats why

RIP Dimebag, If you can read this now brother, im with you man and drinking a blacktooth grin.
Quote by imdeth

this and also because they died decades ago. some people have learnt to let go, but many others hang on and refuse to grasp the concept of "modern music". it's blasphemous, i know.
Quote by technicolour
RIP Valfar...and that guy from Nazum.

And Vitek from Decapitated.
Quote by imdeth
And Dead and Eurynomous (did deserve it though).

>_>

In all honesty I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for those fellas....bunch of clowns.
It's hard to care about people that died 30 odd years before your birth. Also they didn't affect our generation as much as Kurt and Dime.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Alright, let me put this is perspective, think of a WWII vet (from any nation you desire and either side Axis or Allies) that clings to the fact that FDR, Winston Churchill, Joseph Stalin (god knows why) Benito Mussolini (once again god knows why) or if they're that dedicated Adolf Hitler, etc. are dead, and just can't get over it. Get your head out of the internet and picture that nation's capital, with that one guy (or many more) running around screaming We need a national holiday to celebrate [leader's] life!

Now doesn't that just seem a bit of a silly thing to be doing? They died and everybody accepts this and has moved on by now. The same way everybody has moved on from the deaths of John Lennon, and Jimi Hendrix. Kurt Cobain, and Dimebag died much more recently. Another example, imagine some really rich Cuban guy who depends on their government for his money (I said imagine) Now Fidel Castro dies (or whoever is "leading" Castro still is whatever you say) more than likely some other form of government would come in. Rich Cuban no longer has his money, now he tries to cling to Fidel Castro. After a while he'll get over it.

See?

EDIT:

George Harrison?
Well, I don't have an explanation for that.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Because dimebag died a couple of years ago and the others died 128420935143 years ago.
Hello
I'm new.
Quote by technicolour
In all honesty I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for those fellas....bunch of clowns.

+1 to that, even though they did make some fine tunes.
Because Dime Bag and Kurt Cobain are only as mytholigisized as much as they are today because they died semi-early in their careers. Lennon had had a pretty full career by the time he died so he is remembered for his music, not his death. Hendrix idk, he had the mythologisizing death.
Probably because their deaths have become more of a historical fact than a recent tragedy.You don't see people posting RIP comments for JFK or Lincoln do you?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I think, from now on, we should use a combined-form of both "Dime" and "Kurt" when we want to eulogize them on the internet.

RIP Dirt.
You're*
Quote by Z0S07657

Because the two of them are rotting in PISS
Quote by LAMF413
Because the two of them are rotting in PISS

Dimebag will be completely decomposed now. That van halen guitar is still in the coffin.