Peavey. I was actually dead set on that Vox until I tried all tube amps, so much sweeter. If you really need all the fancy effects and **** go for the Vox, but all-tube has a sweeter sound.
Vox.

IMO its much tighter than the vk. Neither are actually bad amps, but the VK is prone to sounding a little muddy.

Quote by Mike-T93
Peavey. I was actually dead set on that Vox until I tried all tube amps, so much sweeter. If you really need all the fancy effects and **** go for the Vox, but all-tube has a sweeter sound.

Ok buddy, because there isn't a single tube in the tronix series right
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
There is a single tube. I just like the sound of all-tube better. He asked for opinions, so I gave mine, lay off me why don't you? I've played through both of those amps and liked the Peavey.
Quote by Mike-T93
There is a single tube. I just like the sound of all-tube better. He asked for opinions, so I gave mine, lay off me why don't you? I've played through both of those amps and liked the Peavey.

lol ok, you'll know when I'm actually making fun or demeening somebody which I wasn't really.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Interesting choice. For a modeling amp I thought the Vox was very impressive but while it is true that valve amps are better, I didn't find the Valve King all that special when I tried it. Personally, I think I'd get the Peavey Vypyr 75w instead of either of them if I was buying new or a used valve amp but it depends on what you're after with the amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Why'd you make two topics for the same thing?

Anyway, here's my answer, copied and pasted from the other one.

I'd go for the Valveking. You'll eventually want to swap the speaker, but it's a good amp.

And don't worry about effects. How often do you actually use them? When you get serious, you'll probably end up buying the ones you use as pedals, because that way you can get more control over them.