Poll: POLL: VOX AD50VT or Peavey ValveKing 112?
Poll Options
View poll results: POLL: VOX AD50VT or Peavey ValveKing 112?
Vox AD50VT
8 40%
Peavey ValveKing 112
12 60%
Voters: 20.
PEAVEY VALVEKING 112
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc

VOX AD50VT
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-VOXAD50VT?source=froogle

Here's what:
I cannot make up my mind for the life of me about this, but I NEED a better amp right now. I don't want to spen over $500 and I have tried out both of these amps. My only problem is I don't like that the Vox is half solid state because if something ever goes wrong, I'll never figure out what it is (you never find out how to fix a solid state for good). I like the Peavey, but it really doesn't have any effects. *sigh* Can you help me decide?

I play punk rock, but I need to be able to get CLEANS also. thx
I'd go for the Valveking. You'll eventually want to swap the speaker, but it's a good amp.

And don't worry about effects. How often do you actually use them? When you get serious, you'll probably end up buying the ones you use as pedals, because that way you can get more control over them.
I also didn't realise you had two threads going so here's my post from the other one:

Interesting choice. For a modeling amp I thought the Vox was very impressive but while it is true that valve amps are better, I didn't find the Valve King all that special when I tried it. Personally, I think I'd get the Peavey Vypyr 75w instead of either of them if I was buying new or a used valve amp but it depends on what you're after with the amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
You could go for a smaller (i.e. lower wattage) tube amp that sounds similar and get some effects pedals with the money you save if effects are that important. The built-in effects on the Vox are nice, but not as nice as standalone units.
Technically, you could do

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-POD-X3-Guitar-Multi-Effect-Processor-104600879-i1368327.gc

with a

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V5-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487050-i1372073.gc

And you'd probably get a real nice sound. I don't care what people say, pod's get good tone.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by Doadman
I also didn't realise you had two threads going so here's my post from the other one:

Interesting choice. For a modeling amp I thought the Vox was very impressive but while it is true that valve amps are better, I didn't find the Valve King all that special when I tried it. Personally, I think I'd get the Peavey Vypyr 75w instead of either of them if I was buying new or a used valve amp but it depends on what you're after with the amp.

That's what I did... I played through the Line 6 just to see if it was as bad as everyone says (and it was ) then the Valveking, a Hiwatt amp the Marshall AVT and an older Peavey Transformer amp... in the end, I settled on a Vypyr 75. They're a really good quality amp, and I really didn't like the Valveking when I tried it.
lol buy a $400 SS effect unit to go along with an all tube amp because you're afraid of SS failures in a hybrid.

Alex here's an idea....your amp came with a one year warranty (longer if you took an extended plan though the reseller). VOX has certified repair facilities scattered throughout the country. Call a certified tech and see how many VT's they've had to repair, there's your real poll. Vox isn't some two-bit company pumping out crap, low-end or not their products still have to bear their name and live up to their reputation.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
The Valveking is pretty ****ty, you need to uprgade the speaker, switch the tubes, and maybe even do some mods to it to make it sound good. I'd go for the Vox out of those two.
Quote by JilaX^
The Valveking is pretty ****ty, you need to uprgade the speaker, switch the tubes, and maybe even do some mods to it to make it sound good. I'd go for the Vox out of those two.

Which is exactly why we suggest people interested in buying them to buy USED.
New the 112's are a better deal, but the entire line is better used.

It doesn't NEED the mods to sound good, they just make them sound better. The speaker is really the only thing that needs to be changed, everything else is optional.

I'd go for a valveking because it sounds fine for punk and cleans with the stock speaker. Although, one should do the 'free' mods to get the best possible sound out of it.
But, the AD50VT isn't a bad amp... I just didn't like using it in a gig situation :shrug

Also, what's this about the 'breaking' of either? Both amps have great QC since their starter years, sure there are few hiccups every once in a while, but if you're buying new you should get a warranty anyway, and the chances of getting another lemon are slim to none.

*Brighter punk sound = VOX
Darker punk sound = Peavey