I have a friend who I have come here a few times to talk about. Her dad has hit her and is making her unwelcome in the house by any means nessesary.

I have learned he is a registered sex offender, has been arrested TWICE for domestic battery, and is basically a menace to society.

Should he be allowed to have custody over children, or should I tell her to run for the hills? He has hit her, and basically treats her as a slave.

EDIT: She also has a younger sister, who is 13. We are in Illinois if that helps.
Last edited by Fusanti_RHCP at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
I have a friend who I have come here a few times to talk about. Her dad has hit her and is making her unwelcome in the house by any means nessesary.

I have learned he is a registered sex offender, has been arrested TWICE for domestic battery, and is basically a menace to society.

Should he be allowed to have custody over children, or should I tell her to run for the hills? He has hit her, and basically treats her as a slave.

F.uck her then tell her to run
At any times prior to these physical assaults did she refuse to make a sandwich?

Seriously though, get that bitch outta there!
Get social services involved?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Run To The Hills!!!! Run For Your Lives!!!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
in this situation a boomstick is your trusty friend
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by LAMF413
F.uck her then tell her to run

**** you man.
id go to the police. if you cant for any reason id tell her to move in with you, or run away.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Get social services involved?

She cant live with anyone else, shed have to go to a foster home where she will most likely be treated like garbage
get her to move in with you? Seriously, someone has to do something, and it looks like you seem to be the only one who cares.

Seems like she's in a bit of a pickle though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
obviously he means to rape her...dude ur ****-blocking him man, thats not cool

but seriously, thats the only tasteless post i can recall ever making, have her find a friend to stay with?
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
tell her to get emancipated, she can live on her own!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Where's her mother? Does she have any other family, aunts, uncles, cousins?
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
She cant live with anyone else, shed have to go to a foster home where she will most likely be treated like garbage

That's the problem with society.. Gotta make the decision of 'stay with someone who will beat me and maybe rape me one day' OR 'go live with people I've never met, and move somewhere I've never been to be kicked out on my ass at 18'

It's how it goes sadly. And, to the people who say 'let her move in with you', it's not as simple as that, if she just 'moved in' with him, and his dad had a stick up his ass, he could call the cops, he'd get in trouble, she'd get tossed in juvenile detention.

Truthfully though, foster care isn't as horrible as it used to be, she'd probably be okay, and once she is 18, she could file for legal guardian of her sister.
Fap.

Or, if you feel like being a good person for a day, call the cops, bust her dad, shag the lass, enjoy your life.
Quote by sacamano79
tell her to get emancipated, she can live on her own!

That's nearly impossible. I looked into that for a friend of mine.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps

Yeah, you have to have a job, and a means to leave before you can even consider it.
Her mom is not an option neither is any relative, the ones that dont hate her are dead. And she DOES have a job, but she doesnt want to drop out of school. She is only 16
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
Her mom is not an option neither is any relative, the ones that dont hate her are dead. And she DOES have a job, but she doesnt want to drop out of school. She is only 16

Life is just beating her
Quote by Necrafrost
That's the problem with society.. Gotta make the decision of 'stay with someone who will beat me and maybe rape me one day' OR 'go live with people I've never met, and move somewhere I've never been to be kicked out on my ass at 18'

It's how it goes sadly. And, to the people who say 'let her move in with you', it's not as simple as that, if she just 'moved in' with him, and his dad had a stick up his ass, he could call the cops, he'd get in trouble, she'd get tossed in juvenile detention.

Truthfully though, foster care isn't as horrible as it used to be, she'd probably be okay, and once she is 18, she could file for legal guardian of her sister.

I think the cops would understand if she was seeking shelter from an abusive parent, though.
Quote by LAMF413
Life is just beating her

And so is her father!

Ba dum schh
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by Fusanti_RHCP

Tell her to pinch and save and get a few grand collected, she shouldn't have to drop out.. but, once she can afford to move out/live on her own she could possibly start looking into emancipation. But, then that lives her 13 year old sister alone with her father.. Unless, she get's tossed into foster care..

I must ask.. Are you concerned for this girl as a friend, or someone who 'likes' her?
Quote by Pac_man0123
I think the cops would understand if she was seeking shelter from an abusive parent, though.

Not quite, he's her legal guardian. And, probably no evidence of any wrong doings. And, if it did come to that, then, that's when she would for sure get taken to foster care before any planning to the contrary could take place.
Bee karful teh hillz haff eyez.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by gwitersnamps

I have a friend who did it, he has been on his own since he was 16, finished high school, and even started his own pool company!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M