Poll: What thing should I buy? i play mostly metal.
Poll Options
View poll results: What thing should I buy? i play mostly metal.
Buy micro metal muff but keep 10 watt ss amp.
0 0%
Buy metal zone but keep 10 watt ss amp.
2 5%
Buy epiphone valve junior (maybe add something suggest)
12 32%
Buy something else suggest?
13 35%
Buy a bigger solid state amp?
10 27%
Voters: 37.
I play mostly metal!

Help me choose what to get!

please vote!

Keep 10 watt ss amp and buy a metal muff
Keep 10 watt ss amp and buy metal zone
Buy epiphone valve junior (maybe add a pedal)
Buy another pedal (suggest)
Other please suggest

thanks!

I have little money, only about 200 U.S dollars.

I defiantly want to buy something.

(I know what ever i do isnt gonna be good but i know i want something!)
Last edited by telecastermetal at Jan 2, 2009,
Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix.

+1

These are your best options in your price range, lots of built in effects, good amp models (Including some hi-gain ones that you'll like for metal)
For metal? Im gonna say get the Peavey Vypyr 30 watt. It should hold you over for a while, and you wont need any dist. pedals either since it has some decent high gain models on it.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
if youre still fiddling with your tone, id go with a ss modeling amp. or keep your amp and get a line6 pod. ive heard great things about the vypyr too.
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Oh and another thing, i dont know how metal your going to be able to get on that squire 50's tele.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
if your gonna think about gettin a boss metal pedal, get the metal core...the metal zone sucks in comparison
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Alright, kk maybe i'll try them out,
So no spiders by the sound of it?
uhm.. i'll try a cube.
And i'll look at the pod
Try what i recommended.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by michal23
If you can push your budget a little, try a Laney VC-15

That won't do metal though.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by michal23
^ it would with an OD... but I must admit I didn't think about that.

Even then it's pushing it.

And it's far too vintage voiced. I think the most metal it gets is like Iron Maiden level.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by shredfest116
For metal? Im gonna say get the Peavey Vypyr 30 watt. It should hold you over for a while, and you wont need any dist. pedals either since it has some decent high gain models on it.

I +1 this. the vypyr is a pretty amazing amp for it's price, and yes, i have played one before.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Vypyr or Cube.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by telecastermetal
What about the valvetronixIsnt the valvetronix better than the cube?

It does have a tube in it too.?

A lot of people here hate the metal tones the Valvetronix has, but I like them. You could try the Valvetronix XL, since it's supposed to have more gain. Still, try the Cube and the Vypyr, too.

And yes, the Valvetronix has one 12AX7 tube, and its main function is to look cool. Hybrid amps are kind of a marketing ploy. They're basically the same as SS.
The Valvetronix is good and gives a very tube-like tone but it really only works very well on the lower gain models. Once you move into higher gain territory I found that the amp models became less and less convincing and the valve hed less impact on the tone. Between t Vypyr, Cube and Valvetronix, the Vox is the only one to have a real valve. However, your best option here is certainly the Peavey Vypyr 30w as it does so much more than the other two. After that, it depends on your preference. If you prefer Classic Rock then get the Vox and if you prefer Metal, go for the Cube.

My vote goes to the Vypyr.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
The Valvetronix is good and gives a very tube-like tone but it really only works very well on the lower gain models. Once you move into higher gain territory I found that the amp models became less and less convincing and the valve hed less impact on the tone. Between t Vypyr, Cube and Valvetronix, the Vox is the only one to have a real valve. However, your best option here is certainly the Peavey Vypyr 30w as it does so much more than the other two. After that, it depends on your preference. If you prefer Classic Rock then get the Vox and if you prefer Metal, go for the Cube.

My vote goes to the Vypyr.

He says he's primarily playing metal. I'd go with the Vypyr, too, mainly because I heard there was a Diezel model on there, and if that model is anything remotely close to the Herbert I tried a couple of years ago, then he's in for a real treat.

Can anyone vouch on the how the Diezel model sounds? I'm curious now.
There is indeed a Diezel model on there, as well as a Krank, XXX and JSX. I don't think any of the other amps offer these models and it still has the usual Plexi and Recto as well. I've only managed a short try on the Vypyr so far but I was impressed. I don't think the models on any of these amps sound just like the real thing but then these are all cheap amps so we need to be realistic about what to expect. The important this is that to my ear, the Diezel model on the Vypyr and all the other models as well, did give a very good and very useable sound that offered the broad characteristic of the amp being modelled. If you like the sound of a Diezel then I think you'll like what the Vypyr offers. The amp models are certainly as good as anything else available and arguably better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
hello, try a pawn shop if you have them. i buy all my stuff at them. no tubes in a vavltronix that i am aware of. had a roland and it was really nice the newer vox model has a few more adjustments. me i am a tube guy which are more expensive but they around and fairly cheap if you look around. some places even trade stuff
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What's wrong with your Tele and Computer Speakers?

Nothing! He sounds EXACTLY LIEK SYNSTER GATES!
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
valve junior bro.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Line 6 Flextone / Peavey Vypyr / you're probably going to HAVE to go SS route on your budget and musical tastes
Guys.........um......he's banned.

No point trying to suggest anything - we've already tried that. He's set with his dual amp head to computer speakers setup for now. For him, I think is just swell. And judging by his responses in his trolling/spam thread the other day, he is not one to act or think logically.

Quote by telecastermetal
What about the valvetronixIsnt the valvetronix better than the cube?

It does have a tube in it too.?

No. One preamp tube makes zero difference. Do what people have said and buy a vypyr or a cube. And then a guitar with humbuckers.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.