I recently bought myself an Acer Veriton M464 with Windows Vista (I know, I know) and am having nothing but trouble with recording.

I used to use MAGIX Audio Studio 11, which was very reliable and generally awesome, but seeing as it is relatively old now, MAGIX have killed all support for it meaning there is no Vista patch. So i get ACCESS_VIOLATION whenever I attempt to record in it.

I also tried download Cubase 4.1 but was told during installation that my system did not support it.. I'm not sure whether this is a Vista thing too..?

Any suggestions for decent software that will work properly in Vista? Im willing to pay a hefty amount so price is not an obstacle.

Thanks,
Jak
An interbred nation suspended from the strings of hypocrisy
I use cubase sx 3 with no problems (other than a random lockup now and then, but only if I'm using an insane amount of tracks).

It's pretty much like cubase 4, just the older version.
Esp JH-200
Austin LP Copy
Esp DV8r
Epiphone Faded G-400 SG
B-52 AT-100 Head
Peavey Royal 8
Just about all software works on vista now. I've been running this OS in my studio for over a year now and really enjoy it.

Cubase
Cakewalk Sonar
Reaper

All good products. I personally enjoy Sonar but Reaper isnt bad at all and its affordable.
Also be aware that you need an audio interface and not just software.
thanks for the help guys!
Moody, the point you made about an audio interface is quite probably my issue. Because I only recently migrated from XP, I hadn't even considered that Vista might require new drivers to run my programs properly.

But I have no idea what I'm looking for XD
How on earth do I get my Vista running an audio interface?!

Thanks again,
Jak
An interbred nation suspended from the strings of hypocrisy
Quote by JakIsDead

But I have no idea what I'm looking for XD
How on earth do I get my Vista running an audio interface?!

Thanks again,
Jak

Look for interfaces that have drivers for Vista (check the websites). M Audio's especially good with letting you know about this with their driver progress graphs. Presonus is good too. That said, what interface do you have/planning to get, and what are you going to record?
If most of the stuff is off software samplers and instruments, you may only need a soundcard.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101