how do i attach a guitar strap to my acoustic guitar when it doesnt have anything to attach it to like my electric guitar has?
are most guitar straps a standard size i.e: if i bought one for my electric guitar would it also fit my acoustic?

thanks
Why not install a strap button to the neck heel of your acoustic? Thats what I did on my fender, and the strap never comes off.
I cant be so sure about your second question, but when I did a gig with my acoustic, I used my Levys electric guitar strap and it was fine.
You get a piece of string and tie it around the headstock, or put your own strap lock on.
And yes I think most straps are standard size, it should say the size on the packaging anyway. My guitar strap fits on my electric, acoustic and bass without any problems.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Some new straps come with a piece of string in one side, which lets you attach one to the bottom body button, and the other end being attached to the headstock (just past the nut) with the string.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
There should be a button on the bottom of the body. Attach one side, and then get a string and tie the other end around the headstock.

If there's no button on the body, I don't know what to tell you.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
or you can get another strap button from a local music shop and either install it yourself or get them to install it at the base of the neck near where it attaches to the body...that's what I did on mine, looks a lot neater than wrapping a string around the top of the neck.
Yeah, it may look better to use a strap button, but the balance on an acoustic is actually a lot better if you tie off your string around the head.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Yeah, it may look better to use a strap button, but the balance on an acoustic is actually a lot better if you tie off your string around the head.

Yeah, that's what I've found. Much more comfortable to play.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.