I know that Fender HRD's have a certain type of pot (linear i think?) that makes it so that when you turn it past like 8 oclock it gets really loud. I absolutely hate this. How difficult and how risky would it be to change the volume pot on the Fender HRD to the proper type? (audio taper I'm assuming)
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
so I would need a log pot?
how difficult/risky would this mod be? is it as simple as removing the old pot and resoldering the new or is there more to it?
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by kurtlives91
^linear would give that behavoir, you want a log pot most likely.

Our ears respond to sound on an exponential scale. A sound has to be 10 times as powerful for us to hear it as twice as loud. For a 4× increase in volume, it must be 100 times as powerful.

I didn't know that!

So.. a log pot sounds linear :\

Edit: Fun read: http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/atten.html
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Jan 2, 2009,
It would most likely be prohibitively difficult as i seem to remember that the HRDx's pots are attached directly to the pcb.
^can anyone confirm that?