BAD is my favorite band, Mick Jones is one of my favorite musicians. Anyone enjoy BAD?
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set
Planet Waves Locking Tuners

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Footswitch for Amp chorus
Boss Flanger
Thought this might be appropriate:

Quote by JohnnyNemo
Big Awful Disapointment.

Carbon Silicon are much worse though, seriously. They're SO bad. And Tony James is as pedestrian as they come.

I'd like to hear his early 70's glam band though, can't remember the name (The Delinquents?) but there might be a demo tape around somewhere.
Sigue Sigue Sputnik? they were 80's. Tony james was with them for a while. Opinions vary, just depends on if your a Mick guy or not. I think C/S is good aside from a few rediculous songs. They also have the original Bass player from BAD in C/S
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss Flanger
Tony James? Generation X

I like Carbon Silicon and also Mich Jones very much, so I think I give them a listen

I saw Sigue Sigue Sputnik live this summer, the best thing was that I could take this time to eat some delicious vegan pasta.

EDIT: After giving them a short listen I might quote Nemo either
Last edited by lavazza at Jan 2, 2009,
Does Tony still play SSS shows?
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss Flanger
Sique Sigue Sputnik are still around. That's not bad; its sad. I remember seeing them on a bill with Echo and the Bunnymen and someone else, maybe New Order? back in the mid 80s.

Anyway, we spent most of their set wandering about Pier 84 viewing the Hudson. and taking a bathroom break. It sounds like things haven't changed at all.

and BAD was good in the day. Haven't listened to them in ages though.
I like E=MC^2 but I haven't heard much of their other music. And what I have heard isn't very good.

I liked a few Carbon/Silicon songs when I first heard them, but now I find them very boring.
If you listen to No.10 Upping St. You will find some great songs, V13, C'mon Every Beatbox. Great album. Im also fascinated by Micks Bond Electraglide guitar.
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss Flanger
Actually, I just remembered that a long time ago I downloaded one of their albums they had put on the internet for free. It's really boring.
C/S gets annoying but i dont mind, No.10 Upping is a BAD album for those of you who dont know. Im suprised noone remembers The Globe or Rush? Anyone seen Big Daddy with Sandler?
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss Flanger
I own The Globe

The only thing I remember from it is how they sampled Should I Stay or Should I Go? and how absolutely horrible the last song was. They tried to use a synth to simulate an orchestra and it sounded like absolute ****.
Yes Rush had a SISOSIG sample in it. The tea party was the last song, it is one of their worst i will not lie.
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss Flanger
Oops my bad, haha it was The Globe, i was thinking of Rush for some reason. Funny me being a BAD fan making that mistake.
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss Flanger
I found an old post of mine where I explained my opinions of BAD and C/S.

Quote by Me
The problem with BAD wasn't that they had bad music, its that that type of electronic music tends to be self-indulgent. The songs were long and they just repeated the same loop/riff over and over. Also, Mick tried to toast/rap instead of singing. White boys usually suck at that, especially British white boys with weak, gentle voices. BAD did, however have interesting interlocking instrumental parts in some songs.

That's where his new band, Carbon/Silicon, fails. Guitar is the only prominant instrument. They try to sound like a '77 punk band in some ways, with overdriven guitars and so forth. Some songs have some subtle sample loops, but not the way BAD did. There are only two members of C/S: Mick Jones and Tony James (formerly of Generation X). They both play guitar. Sometimes they have long, boring pentatonic solos with too much reverb. The basslines suck. When they're not following the root note, they're following the vocal melody, which sounds odd. They don't have an official drummer, and I think they use a drum machine in the studio. The simplistic drumming makes the music sound even more boring.

Also, Mick carried over some songwriting habits from BAD. The songs are long and repetitive. Songs tend to be slow-paced, and I've found that many sound much more natural at 1.2 times the normal speed. The vocals are more melodic than BAD, but equally weak and dull.

On the plus side, Carbon/Silicon gives their music away for free on the internet and encourages P2P file sharing.

That said, I like the song E=MC2 by BAD, and C/S has some very good songs buried within their three albums.

Sums up my feelings about them. I don't know why I thought C/S used a drum machine, though. The beats are boring, but they don't sound synthesized or sampled.
Last edited by werty22 at Jan 3, 2009,
Bump
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah