I play a lot of classic rock and metal and love my Les Paul but I also like to play some neoclassical shred stuff so I'm looking for a nice guitar with a fast neck and a decent tremelo bar. My Ibanez s370 is OK but to be honest I don't think an Ibanez is what I'm looking for.
Which out of these would you recommend?

Fender Standard Strat - Not the American so is the cheapest one to go for, doesn't have a humbucker though so it's why I'm not leaning towards it.
Fender American Standard HSS Strat - is pretty kick ass. I haven't played the American equivalent of a strat and I was happy enough with the playability of the Mexican one but for all that extra money surely it's gotta be perfect and I will never have the "I wanna upgrade my strat" problem in the future.
Jackson DKMG - Not sure about the EMGs although would be sweet for when I'm playing covers...
Jackson DK2 - Seems pretty flimsy for the price
Jackson SL3 - Haven't played on one of these either, looks pretty damn sexy.
Jackson RR5 - White and gold finish makes it probably the slickest guitar I've ever seen but it is a V, not so much a shred guitar and the FR equivalent is way out of my budget.

Cheers for reading!
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
jackson rr24?
it's got 1 EMG, decent tremolo, and less than £800..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Cheers but still the V shape and the EMG, not sure it has the versatility I'm looking for.
Anyone else care to make an input? Thought a break from the "which Les paul/which guitar for £20 is the best?" threads would be appreciated
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Strats are pretty awesome for shred as long as you don't mind not having 24 frets.

I'd say get the American Strat, everyone that I've played has been beautiful.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Hmm Ibanez guitars are usually really good for that shreddy sorta stuff, u not thought about an RG1570 or something?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I'd go for Strat. I've read differing views on how good the bucker some great some average. I suspect it's people being fussy more than anything. Get a bit of noise from the SCs apparently though good shielding (applied in house) helps this on new models (?). By the sounds of it, I doubt you care about them anyway?

Colours are abit bland too.
I'm in the market for one and I've kinda decided that if I do go for one, I'll pay the extra for the Deluxe: different bucker, noiseless SCs, roller nut, locking tuners, much better finishes.
i don't know what your financial situation is, but personally i'd save up a little more (£300-£400). £800 is just below where guitars move from "very good" to "kickass", and you might as well get kickass, if at all possible. Vigiers start at about the £1000, they'd definitely be worth a look, Ibanez J-custom, the cheapest Suhrs, etc., and depending on spec you could probably get a custom Legra or similar, assuming you're willing to wait, as well for something around that too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?