A song I've written. I'm really proud of the chorus in it, although it might not be as good without the vocal melody over it. Tell me what you think of it, all criticism about anything is welcome. Crit for crit.
Attachments:
Whalepudding - The Mill.zip
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jan 2, 2009,
I love bar 31-34
but bar 42 doesnt allow two parts of a song to connect, or at least i didnt feel it did

didnt listen all the way through, but i love what i heard, even if this type of metal isnt what i like
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Aurigo
I love bar 31-34
but bar 42 doesnt allow two parts of a song to connect, or at least i didnt feel it did

didnt listen all the way through, but i love what i heard, even if this type of metal isnt what i like

Thanks man.

Did ya think bar 42 was much of a problem? I thought the change to half tempo would make it heavier, but it might be kinda weird there, do ya think I should add another section in there to make the transition better?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
well nice job, sincerely, im not into this kind of music, but i can appreciate one's work i really liked the intro, nice feel, you fukcing raped the hell out of the drums all the way up the song and they fit perfect, together with the distorted bass.
the verse is ok, bit generic but the chorus is not quite impressive as you said, i like the tonal changes, the thing before the solo and a bit after ... i wont comment them, as its not my genre here, but it was a bit of a wankery...ya know
the outro was cool again , liked how the brass comes in more and more powerful
mate, nice job ,anyway what do i know , maybe stop by for some C4C( in the sig) if you feel like
holy **** are you that dude that posted that song eleven here a while back?

i loved that song so much that i actually kept the tabbed saved all this time.

while i was listening to this song it kind of reminded me of it and i checked the tab and i saw the name whalepudding there and i was like holy ****.

great song dude, both of them
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
you actually took advantage of the dropped C, most dropped C songs on UG suck ass... lol
My god that was intense. How long did it take to come up with that and tab it out and everything? That was just... insane.
This song is a monolith of doom and death.
It's just massive and expansive. I feel like I have a higher mental capacity just listening to this song (haha; lawdy, iz tat sum grindcore?).

The synth reminds me of Dance Club Massacre's new album. It's very spacy and atmospheric. I'm not sure if your one for quirky, experimental deathcore mixed with tinges of black metal, but that's what I get from this piece.

You should be proud of the chorus (and this song in general), as it's top-notch stuff.

That solo was nuts, but it felt like it was just a bunch of quaver runs during the middle section. I appreciate some Paul Gilbert dynamics here and there, but it got kinda tiring.

One of the only things that irked me about this piece was the ending. It's overall very epic and all, but the end falls short of dissolving it's power. Needs more, hmm, idk.
Stronger cadence, that's what it is. Yes.
Wait, is this piece even finished?

Anyway, I'll give you an 9.5/10. It falls short of perfection, due to the anti-climatic outro.
If you feel the need, the need to crit (****, I'm reverting to stupidity nao), try out my many flavors of doom. Wait, I think you critted my tttttttttt_2 piece, which is what I was gunna suggest.
Alright. Well, just gander at Mein Comps (the link in my sig). See if anything perks your interest.