Page 1 of 3
You all know what I'm talking about. Just ONE little mistake in a song off a band you love, and it annoys you so much.

To give an example:

Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA

The guitar comes in out of time! It's SO annoying! I dont know how the hell it the loop starts on beat from then onwards!

Then on other songs I can hear laughing, coughing, squeaking, etc.

Share your pet peeves in songs!
well in 'Out on the Tiles' someone says 'stop' near the start of it...it doesn't bug me, but i figured it was relevent. thats by Led Zeppelin btw.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
In "Hey Jude" by the Beatles, you can hear someone (I think Lennon) say "Oh... fucking hell" in the stanza before the breakdown thing.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
In this one song I heard, you can hear the lead vocalist whisper softly, 'searchbar.'

<.<

>.>
I see what you mean, it comes in a beat late.
'Happiness by the Kilowatt' by City and Colour, the offical version which is live, there's 1 mistake in the solo bit and I have to skip past it, It's one of those hitting D and D# at the same time kinda things.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by Trudogger
In this one song I heard, you can hear the lead vocalist whisper softly, 'searchbar.'

<.<

>.>

Oh no you di'int!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Oh no you di'int!

He actually di'd..
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
In Polly by Nirvana you hear Kurt say "Polly says" and then he stops before he says it again and starts the next verse.

He said it thinking it was time for the next verse, realized it was not.... and they decided to keep it in the song.
There was a thread on this not too long ago.

Then again, I'm a noob, what do I know? <--Not sarcasm.

And, I can't even think of any mistakes I've heard. F-F-F-F-F-U-U-U-U
In 'Discipline' by Nine Inch Nails, Trent's vocals come in too early for a second and then disappear, and then the vocals start properly.

example

Hard to tell whether anything is a mistake in Nine Inch Nails as of the nature of industrial music, but hey he doesn't make this mistake live.
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
What, does singing "Moderfukin death, Sat@n is t3h 1337!!" make you feel tough?

Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab
Quote by metal4ever6328
St. Anger...all of it.

Oh no you di'int
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Quote by boreamor
You all know what I'm talking about. Just ONE little mistake in a song off a band you love, and it annoys you so much.

To give an example:

Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA

The guitar comes in out of time! It's SO annoying! I dont know how the hell it the loop starts on beat from then onwards!

Then on other songs I can hear laughing, coughing, squeaking, etc.

Share your pet peeves in songs!

No, he doesn't. It is a syncopation, and that's not a mistake.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by PlayMadness
In "Hey Jude" by the Beatles, you can hear someone (I think Lennon) say "Oh... fucking hell" in the stanza before the breakdown thing.

When exactly?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
on one solo (think its fade to black but I forgot) kirk pulls the string off the fretboard
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by stef123
When exactly?

Lemme listen to it again, and I'll tell you.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
She's Only 18 by RHCP. John says he started on the wrong note during the solo, but you can't really notice it, it sounds fine.
Metallica while playing nothing else matters in pinkpop I think, Kirk messes up the intro
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by stef123
When exactly?

In my copy, it's at about 3:00 into the song.

"Take a sad song/and make it better/remember, to let her under your skin (woah)/then you begin (oh, fucking hell)/to make it better."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Stairway - About 3:30 you hear jimmy mildly mute his strings

Beatles - Oh! Darlin': They just come in badly at different times when he says Oh Darlin. Biggest in my opinion is :35. The Beatles screw up quite a bit actually.

Green Day - Church on Sunday: 2:53. Probably one of the biggest recorded screw ups I've heard on a record.

Corrosion of Conformity - Stare to Long 2:53. Drummer screws up. For the longest while i thought it was apart of the song. ]
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Lost in Hollywood - System of a Down

I can clearly hear daron sing a false note.
Where he sings you where the biggest fish out there.
Roekoe
Quote by nirvanagrunge13
on one solo (think its fade to black but I forgot) kirk pulls the string off the fretboard

That's Master of Puppets, live he plays it with a pinch harmonic.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
There's this one note in Delirium Trigger by Coheed that actually kind of annoys me every time I listen to it. I love the song, but near the end there's this one note in the chorus that Claudio kinda botches.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by CTFOD
That's Master of Puppets, live he plays it with a pinch harmonic.

ohhh right.yeah cuz he said he was never able to reproduce it.
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Mistakes give a song character. Songs corrected to death sound crap.
The start of Iron Man (Sabbath) has two guitars, and one of them is out of tune with the other unintentionally, however Iommit decided to keep it that way.
It's not exactly a mistake, but if you listen to the song Everybody wants some by Van Halen the guitar comes in at an odd time.

And if you've never heard the song, it's worth hearing. Amazing tremolo work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qnmWqn2mU

And by odd time, I mean when you're listening to the song and hearing the drums think about when you would play the guitar riff and you'll think eddie plays it at a strange time. I dunno, hopefully you get what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnSIOwmiCc

Some REDICULOUSLY out of tune bends during the solo, bending flat too, bending sharp can actually sound OK (like on many of the Kill em All solos)

would be my favorite maiden song if not for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piQpP8csSck

(please ignore the gay surfing video) the part that starts at 1:41, Its just...ugh, see for yourself

Quote by Wanana
Lost in Hollywood - System of a Down

I can clearly hear daron sing a false note.
Where he sings you where the biggest fish out there.

that song in itself is a mistake, dont get me wrong i love System but Daron sucks ass at singing
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by supersaianGohan
Didn't Page screw up a little bit on that odd time signature part on Blackdog? Methinksso

That's not a mistake, he meant to do it that way.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
the start of paranoid?

though i don't actually like teh song
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by smb
Mistakes give a song character. Songs corrected to death sound crap.

No I don't mean mistakes that actually give it the character. Like I love how in Spell Of The Gypsies - Buckethead you can actually hear him talk etc. It gives you a sense of the frame of mine he was when he wrote it. But there's just mistakes that made you rage.
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
well in 'Out on the Tiles' someone says 'stop' near the start of it...it doesn't bug me, but i figured it was relevent. thats by Led Zeppelin btw.

Yeah, I think that's Page. In The Ocean you can hear a phone ring at the beginning of the solo, and in Black Country Woman (Not Dy'er Ma'ker as so many people think it is ) you can hear people talking, and somebody says "I got this airplane" and you can hear Plant respond with "Nah, leave it."
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by CrazyPigeon
At the start of "Good Riddance" by Green Day, you can clearly hear someone say "fuck" right at the start of the guitar.

Well that's kinda the whole point of the intro. Screw up two times, he says "fuck" and then the song actually starts.
████████
████████
████████
Quote by nirvanagrunge13

Thats frikkn Master of Puppets.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by PlayMadness

Yeah, faintly. The story goes that the engineer put the music at very high volume in his earphones by accident, causing him to pull them off quickly and swear lol
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
In about 2:30 of The Sidewinder Sleeps tonight by R.E.M., Michael Stipe starts laughing as he sings. It doesn't really get to me, but I found it kinda odd.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
No, of course not.
I take my frustration out on my children.
HADOUKEN!
Quote by PlayMadness
In my copy, it's at about 3:00 into the song.

"Take a sad song/and make it better/remember, to let her under your skin (woah)/then you begin (oh, fucking hell)/to make it better."

I just went back to listen for it and I heard it.
"Whoah! Oh, ****ing hell!"
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Page 1 of 3