Hi guys
Recently me and my mate decided that it would be cool to reverse the heating of a kettle, so that it cooled, so we could fill it up with beverages and it would cool in a couple of minutes or something when plugged in. We realised that we wouldn't be able to simply reverse the mechanism, as it is solely a cooling device, but we remembered that during year 12 a guy in our engineering class was going to make a fridge that could be attached to a car cigarette lighter by using these plate devices that transfer heat from one side to the other. So i was wondering if you guys know if this is possible, or if it's already been done, or the name of these plates (i forgot what they're called).
Thanks,
Carl

P.S. The only other place i thought of putting this was The Pit, and i didn't post it there for obvious reasons, .
Rolling it back, keeping it simple.

Are YOU from Curtin University?
If so, CLICK HERE!
Quote by quadrophonic
Hi guys
Recently me and my mate decided that it would be cool to reverse the heating of a kettle, so that it cooled, so we could fill it up with beverages and it would cool in a couple of minutes or something when plugged in.

That is really a pretty good idea you know?

Can't really call it a reverse Kettle though, not too catchy.

If it was my idea, I would call it something like "Fridge" or "Freezer", perhaps if you wanted a two word name, maybe "Ice Box" or "Beer Fridge".

But in all seriousness. You would need quite a large cooling system, (heat exchanger) to cool your beverage "quickly", especially f it were two or three pints of liquid.
Use a peltier device to get both heating, or cooling effects. Peltiers use electricity to generate a hot and cool side. If you reverse the voltage polarity then the peltier will also reverse its temperature. One side would be attached to a heat sink and the other could be attached to something like a tea kettle type thing made from metal.
To the Pit perhaps?

Quote by Skeet UK
That is really a pretty good idea you know?

Can't really call it a reverse Kettle though, not too catchy.

If it was my idea, I would call it something like "Fridge" or "Freezer", perhaps if you wanted a two word name, maybe "Ice Box" or "Beer Fridge".

There is always an alternative method:

1. Place sealed beverage in storage container
2. Fill storage container with water
3. Add a fair amount of salt (saltwater, get it?)
4. Pour in ice.

OR for the lazy man's cooling method:

1. Place beverage in storage container
2. Spray beverage with Co2 fire extinguisher

This totally sounds like something you thought of when you were stoned.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
To the Pit perhaps?

There is always an alternative method:

1. Place sealed beverage in storage container
2. Fill storage container with water
3. Add a fair amount of salt (saltwater, get it?)
4. Pour in ice.

OR for the lazy man's cooling method:

1. Place beverage in storage container
2. Spray beverage with Co2 fire extinguisher

This totally sounds like something you thought of when you were stoned.

LOL!

Defo a post Refer idea yeah!

Rock Salt, like they use to grit roads, is best by the way.

Male sure the lids are off your beer though or it will break the bottle.
You should do a swirl paintjob on the kettle. Maybe some EMGs while you're at it
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]