Hey im not new, but i was just wondering whether the number by your tab on your contributions page represents the number of views the tab has received.

It white and enclosed in square brackets by the tab name.
Are You Shpongled..?
No, it's the number of ratings your tab has received. Suppose 1 user rated your tab 5 stars, and 1 user rated your tab 3 stars. Then the number between brackets will say "2" (2 users voted) and there will be 4 stars showing next to that number (the mean amount of stars between all these ratings).

Cheers
THe number of rates your tab has been given
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
No, it's the number of ratings your tab has received. Suppose 1 user rated your tab 5 stars, and 1 user rated your tab 3 stars. Then the number between brackets will say "2" (2 users voted) and there will be 4 stars showing next to that number (the mean amount of stars between all these ratings).

Cheers

Ah no thats not what i mean sorry. I know that the number by the star rating is the number of votes. Im talking about the number by the name of the song.

Its not seen just on the normal tab search page. If you go on your profile and then go on contributions and then tabs. Theres a number by the name of the tab.

ie: On my profile, its something like.

MGMT - Weekend Wars [242]
Are You Shpongled..?
Quote by nugiboy
Ah no thats not what i mean sorry. I know that the number by the star rating is the number of votes. Im talking about the number by the name of the song.

Its not seen just on the normal tab search page. If you go on your profile and then go on contributions and then tabs. Theres a number by the name of the tab.

ie: On my profile, its something like.

MGMT - Weekend Wars [242]

I don't know what that is. I don't have tab contributions, only articles, and they don't have that by their name so I don't know. I guess it could be number of views then, yes...

Cheers!