Any of you guys use Pidgin? If so, anyone knows how to transfer files faster when using it? It's dead slow.

And share your plug-ins and stuff.

Edit: I just downloaded the new one, I can see personal messages but not add my own. Any way to get around that? Also, why is the font for my messages so bloody light coloured now?
Last edited by Time Seller at Jan 2, 2009,
it transfers files slowly because it's multi-protocol, can't really do anything to help that.
I use Pidgin, version 2.5.3 with Ubuntu, sometimes. If you're using linux, try Kopete, or Gyachi. You might like the layout of Gyachi, it is very Yahoo like.
Quote by n2dabloo
I use Pidgin, version 2.5.3 with Ubuntu, sometimes. If you're using linux, try Kopete, or Gyachi. You might like the layout of Gyachi, it is very Yahoo like.

I use Windows. The main reason I use Pidgin is because it's much less memory-intensive than Live Messenger and it doesn't have all the bloody adverts. Although, the amount of time needed to transfer files is pretty much a major drawback for me right now.
I misread your title as "Pidgey users, unite!"

But, I have Pidgin on my computer and use it instead of AIM.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
My file transfer seems fine...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.