I'm in the market for some new pickups (because the ones in my Schecter...well, the Schecter is a "starter - intermediate" guitar...and yea, they suck) but I honestly cannot find any humbucker/humbucker set that is VERSATILE. (meaning I can play clean sounds smoothly and then hit my Metal Zone pedal and rock out)

Anyone have any recommendations? And personal experience with the p-ups would be a plus.

My only request: THEY CAN NOT BE ACTIVE PICKUPS. I'D RATHER NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH 9V BATTERIES LIKE I DO WITH MY PAINTBALL GUN.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Well, I've got a Breed in my neck and D-Activator in the bridge.

The Breed has a really nice warm tone, fantastic cleans, nice for solo's too. It's..perhaps a little muddy with maxed out gain, but it's still a great sound.

The D-Activator is fantastic for metal rhythms, really sharp sound too it without being screechy and horrible. It's meant to replicate active's but with more harmonic range or something. Lord knows if it manages it but it sounds great. Cleans are not so great, a little twangy, but I quite like 'em. Seems to hit the tone for the intro for one just right.
Seymour Duncan Distortion/Jazz set is extremely versatile. Everything from Jazz (neck pickup) to Death Metal (bridge pickup). You might want to upgrade your amp first but it's up to you.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Quote by the Sinner
Seymour Duncan Distortion/Jazz set is extremely versatile. Everything from Jazz (neck pickup) to Death Metal (bridge pickup). You might want to upgrade your amp first but it's up to you.

Nah, I know it's not the amp, i've got a Peavey Audition 30 (50w) in my band room and a Fender Champ 12 tube amp (65w) at the house, and both of them have amazing tone. I'm 99.9999% sure that it's my pickups that're the problem (as I've tweaked with my pedals signal chain for eternities and finally got it down recently)
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Bareknuckle Nailbombs or Warpigs - both are high output, but clean up well.

Seymour Duncan JB in bridge and '59/Jazz in neck is very popular too.
try this
helped me find new pups and they sound great
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!