My friend sent it to me, and I know it sounds a bit like the pirates of the carribean theme, but other than that, is it original, or is it from a song?

E
B
G
D
A
D-0-0-12-0-14-0-15-0-0-0-12-0-14-0-10-0-0-0-12-0-14-0-15-0-17-0-15--14h15p14\10

Rhythm part is 2 bars of D chord, 1 bar of C chord and one bar of D chord (0-8-10)

It's really cool and I wanna know if it's original

NL
yeah i want like a search engine that people can see if their work is original... yours sounds original.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Just from looking it reminds me of Stockholm Syndrome by Muse. But doesn't sound like it.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
It doesn't matter if it's original.

If you play a blue improv right now, would it be original? Not really, you'd be using parts used over again.

As long as it isn't 90% similar (tempo, melody, etc.) to anything, you're fine.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by slash591
im sure its original.....one thing i will say though is although its played differently it sounds really close to the opening riff of unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold, especially at the end with the hammer on part

not really... but kinda...
Quote by slash591
im sure its original.....one thing i will say though is although its played differently it sounds really close to the opening riff of unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold, especially at the end with the hammer on part

i think with him, about the unholy confessions. and i think pirates of the carrabean is kinda close too xD
Looks like The Crusade by Trivium.
But don't listen to me, I don't know ****.
If you think it might be somebody else's, turns out it probably is.

But who cares? People steal music all the time.

I've had riffs stolen before. By really famous (for not much reason) people too.

Don't see me complainin'...I probably stole it somewhere along the line without realizing it.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by NinjaLamppost
E
B
G
D
A
D-0-0-12-0-14-0-15-0-0-0-12-0-14-0-10-0-0-0-12-0-14-0-15-0-17-0-15--14h15p14\10

Rhythm part is 2 bars of D chord, 1 bar of C chord and one bar of D chord (0-8-10)

FYI, if it's in drop D then 0 8 10 on the low D would be D, Bb, C. Not D, C, D
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I haven't really looked at the riff but I can tell you now it's not original.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If it isn't copying someone, it isn't too original. Alot of people spam the open D note and go up an octave and mess around.