I ain't been playing my Fender stratocaster a whole lot lately as i have just got a new acoustic, however a few weeks back i restrung them both and in the past few days I've noticed that the tremolo arm on my strat is set a lot higher than it used to be.

This doesn't bother greatly as I don't use it a whole lot however I just wondered if there will be any lasting effects that this will have on my guitar, if there's an easy way to lower it and if there is anyway i can avoid it happening in the future?

Got a few pictures, camera is a bit wank though i apologies

EDIT: i don't have a clue why the images have changed size, they were fine in the preview :S
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Last edited by jesus2nd at Jan 2, 2009,
tighten the screws in the back cavity.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
the fender standard is 1/8 of an inch, this has happened to me before i just reset the bridge and it has been fine since.
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
If you don't want it like that then you just have to take off the backplate and tighten the springs, but having it raised like that is an old trick for those who like the ability to whammy up as well as down with that type of tremolo...

Thanks for the help guys, so leaving it like that won't like damage the neck or anything if its used to having it lower?, if not i reckon i'll just leave it as it till it comes to restringing it again

thanks
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
If your strings are still going through the nut and are touchng the bottom of it, then you're fine. If you want to continue to play it, I suggest no higher off the fretboard than 4/64ths. Measured from the top of fret 15 to the bottom of the strings
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Quote by jesus2nd

Thanks for the help guys, so leaving it like that won't like damage the neck or anything if its used to having it lower?, if not i reckon i'll just leave it as it till it comes to restringing it again

thanks

you don't have to wait until you restring. you adjust the trem springs with the strings on.

you might have some trouble keeping it in tune with it raised.

lube string contact points.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011