****, writing this makes me feel like a complete n00b seeing as i been playing guitar nigh on 8 yrs, but i was once again going over my old tatty manual for my Korg AX3000G and there was something about the line out that confused me a tad. it says if using the line out then its better to connect directly to your power amp input of your guitar amp.

now maybe im just being an idiot or its a typo and its just talking about the amp input, cos i've spent my life playing through combo's and never encountered such an input, especially not on my amps.

go on...make me feel silly
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
I think most of the time its called the Return of the FX loop. AFAIK you're bypassing the preamp which produces a linelevel signal, too, if you use the Return. Your AX is acting as a preamp in this case.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by Maggot4eva
****, writing this makes me feel like a complete n00b seeing as i been playing guitar nigh on 8 yrs, but i was once again going over my old tatty manual for my Korg AX3000G and there was something about the line out that confused me a tad. it says if using the line out then its better to connect directly to your power amp input of your guitar amp.

now maybe im just being an idiot or its a typo and its just talking about the amp input, cos i've spent my life playing through combo's and never encountered such an input, especially not on my amps.

go on...make me feel silly

THAT input on your amp would either be power amp input or effects loop return.
It wants you to bypass the amps preamp. Does the amp your using have a effects loop? If so it wants you to set it up with this:

Guitar>Korg AX3000G>effects return or power amp in(same thing)

be careful with this set up, the volume pedal on your korg will be controlling the over all volume.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
oh just an FX loop? aighty then trust me to not buy amps with fx loops :|
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
Quote by Maggot4eva
oh just an FX loop? aighty then trust me to not buy amps with fx loops :|

You mean, the amp you have doesn't have an effects loop? OR you prefer to have NO effects loop in your amps?

Typically rack gear wants to utilize a line level +4 dB signal and pedals are designed to work with a -10dB instrument level signal. Dealing with utilizing BOTH is where the KILLER tones is, but can quickly become costly.

There are line out load boxes you can use to deal with rack gear and amps w/ NO effects loops, but this requires having another amp to re-amp the signal... again the cost factor.