Evening all.

The majority of the stuff I play is in E standard or Eb. This being the case, I'm considering getting a capo so that I can tune my guitar to Eb and simply capo on when I need to play in E. However, I've never used a capo before, and have some questions:

1) Will this work?
2) Will having a capo affect my tone or have any adverse affects?
3) Will having a capo stop my floyd rose functioning?
4) Which makes of capo do you reccomend or advise against buying?

The guitar's a Jackson KE3 Kelly.

Cheers!
1) Yes, my guitar is tuned in Eb and sometimes I use the capo to play in E.
2) No, but a guitar tuned in E is more tuned and sounds slightly better than a guitar tuned in Eb with a capo.
3) No.
4) I don't know.
it works but you're scales are still going to be off, because the capo only changes the open strings and open chords...I would say just retune, but if you got locking tuners you cant...I use two guitars myself, and have one without a FR so I can tune that to whatever when live
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
also get a tuner that clips on...everything else is a waste of time
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by Poglia
1) Yes, my guitar is tuned in Eb and sometimes I use the capo to play in E.
2) No, but a guitar tuned in E is more tuned and sounds slightly better than a guitar tuned in Eb with a capo.
3) No.
4) I don't know.

^ What he said.

About the makes of capo, I don't know what to go against, but I myself use one made by "Shubb" and it works just fine for me.
1) Yes. I do it sometimes when playing a set of Weezer songs.
2) Not that I know of.
3) Not sure about this one. I don't have a Floyd Rose (Les Paul... only downside to it), so hopefully someone else can answer this.
4) Kyser (or something like that...) make pretty good capos. Reliable, durable, the whole package.

Hope that helps.
Hello there.

I lurk a lot.

It's what I do best.
I use a Dunlop trigger capo and I would reccommend it. It is simple to use, just pull the trigger and clip it on. It's durable (I've had mine two and a half years and it's still fully functional, but you would expect that) and solid.

When you're soloing if you're using the capo to take it from Eb to E standard make sure that you don't forget the capo's there. Many times I've took a capo to play from Eb to standard and when doing chords it's been fine, but once it got to soloing I started playing the frets it would in standard when you need to move them up one fret to correspond to the capo, so don't make that mistake

I'm not sure if it'll work or not with a floyd rose or not, like for when you're doing divebombs, etc.
I use a Dunlop Trigger Capo. It works fine for me. Nothing gone wrong with it. I mean...it works how its supposed to. I also know the Kyzer?/Kyser? Capo is a really nice one. Its got this weird curve in the handle if that helps describe it.
If you care about looks, Planet Waves makes some pretty sleek looking screw on capos. I have one and it works pretty well.