Lately I've been getting really into bands like Agalloch. I always liked them, but now I just love that band. It justs feels like I'd rather play like them then anything else. It probably has something to do with getting my heart broken recently. Can't seem to get over it either. The music just matches the way I feel perfectly.

You know I use to look at shred and technical death metal and prog metal and think "wow what I would do to play like that." But now I look at it as pointless. I mean sure I'd love to shred it up, but I'd want it to sound sorrowful/sad/dark. It feels like I'm growing further apart from TDM and prog metal. I use to be the biggest fan too. Now it just feels like I'd rather poor my heart out on the guitar. Rather then thinking of complex timings and technical solos.

Nowadays I just listen to depressing music all the time. I want to write **** like that so bad. I listen too agalloch WHILE trying to come up with riffs. I know it's because of my problems with girls, but I cannot get over it no matter what I do.
your screename is endless pain....maybe look in the emo forum instead?

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Quote by GnikNus
your screename is endless pain....maybe look in the emo forum instead?

That was extremely rude.
Camilla Choads.
^^stolen right from my brain

seriously though, what's your question? or are you just stating that you like depressing music now?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Check out In Mourning.

I love them, a bit slower, and darker. But still keeping that awesomness.

Let me know what you think of them.
Camilla Choads.
I think you need to listen to some Helloween and Stratovarius, write some uplifting epic music and cheer up emo kid.
yeah, i don't get it either... what's the question? couse this is a guitar forum, not a ''my teenage problems'' forum.
^no, THIS is actually the metal forum.

I say listen to some Swallow The Sun
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Actually I really like the name Endless_Pain. I feel like it has a lot of meaning behind it. In fact if there wasn't already a band called endless_pain I'd use it to call my future band that.

Quote by poopsmith666
^^stolen right from my brain

seriously though, what's your question? or are you just stating that you like depressing music now?

I wanted some input, opinions, maybe some advice on how to make music similar to agalloch, and how to deal with my depression basically
deal with your depression with time, and by listening to the saddest music possible, to get it out of your system as opposed to letting it fester. Trust me, I've been through this exact heartbreak-depression phase. It sucks. BUT, its over in less than 2 weeks if handled properly. LISTEN TO SWALLOW THE SUN

as for creating sad, depressing music, its all up to you. Pour out all your sadness into writing. That's all the advice anyone can give.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by Endless_Pain

I wanted some input, opinions, maybe some advice on how to make music similar to agalloch, and how to deal with my depression basically

You've come to the right place.

And by "the right place", I mean "the worst possible place."
Eh, I thought Kreator when I saw his name, but his heart obviously burns too much to enjoy anything that isn't sorrowful, sad, and dark. My advice, buy a wheelchair.
Listen to some Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma, and Disembowelment - Transcendence Into the Peripheral.
well, i'm done being an asshole for the moment, you should check out world to come by gojira

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
The TS's username reminded me of Kreator, not an emo kid.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I prefer to listen to The Carrier or Ruiner, when dealing with girl troubles...

If you want more "sad" music though, um, Doom metal, some ambient stuff, Thy light, Diagnose : lebensgefahr, Durdkh, Wolves in the throne room, etc.
Quote by poopsmith666
deal with your depression with time, and by listening to the saddest music possible, to get it out of your system as opposed to letting it fester. Trust me, I've been through this exact heartbreak-depression phase. It sucks. BUT, its over in less than 2 weeks if handled properly. LISTEN TO SWALLOW THE SUN

as for creating sad, depressing music, its all up to you. Pour out all your sadness into writing. That's all the advice anyone can give.

Ya thanks for the advice. I've been feeling like this for almost 1 month already. Just can't seem to break out of it.
hmm, sucks man. Care to elaborate?

and have you listened to STS yet?
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

yeah man i feel you, i have an endless depression cycle, agalloch did help me amazingly, as did Virgin Black, The Eternal, Elegion, Slumber. look for doom metal as poopsmith said. or even folk bands like Woods Of Ypres and Sol Invictus helped me as well
"We carry death out of the village!"
It's not depression, it's hormones you half wit. You'll get over it. If you feel like this when your 35, then somethings up depression wise.
Quote by dio_dude
It's not depression, it's hormones you half wit. You'll get over it. If you feel like this when your 35, then somethings up depression wise.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! aren't you ignorant! sure some people exaggerate normal sadness like a break up etc etc but you don't have to be 35+ to have depression. I have been up and down for 6 years now
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by poopsmith666
hmm, sucks man. Care to elaborate?

and have you listened to STS yet?

I'm downloading their **** right now

Basically it's like this:
-There is a girl in one of my classes
-I thought she was interested
-She showed signs she was interested
-I was 100% positive this time I would be able to get her and nothing would go wrong(this is probably what ****ed me up the most)
-I asked her to hang out with my one day on myspace(stupid move looking back on it)
-She said she was busy
-Then she became really distant
-Now I can't get over the fact she rejected me
-I'm obsessed even tho I know she has no feelings for me whatsoever
-Can't move on at all. Even tried asking another girl out(she said no too)

Pretty dumb but it's still bothering me. Really I think it's the fact I was so confident and then shot down.
funnily enough, this EXACT, EXACT thing happened to me.

-girl in several of my classes
-thought she was interested
-showed signs of interest
-100% positive of success
-askedher out to the Queen:We Will Rock You thing on Valentine's day (****ing cost me $50 each in tickets, so 100
-said she was busy
-became distant
-i asked her out again, this time in person (took me like a week to work up the courage)
-rejected me saying she never felt "that way" about me, ever (among other things)
-couldn't get over the fact she rejected me
-was lost in a depression for at least 2 weeks
-was obsessed even though she had no feelings (kinda still am to be honest, but I've gotten over it)
-I moved on by , well, just moving on
-then my frien set me up with another girl (like a year later, so I was over it by then)
-we're still going out

I had to work up my confidence for like a literal entire week and was then shot down twice.

trust me, I know how you feel. It goes away.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

-Girl in several of my classes
-Became good friends
-She showed signs of interest
-She suddenly started going out with a friend of mine
FAST FORWARD A YEAR
-We became closer and closer
-She started hinting that she was thinking of splitting up with her boyfriend
-Taking that as a sign that she wanted me to make a move on her I did
-(On Xmas day) She turns around completely, says she fancies me but doesn't want to split up with her boyfriend
-Utterly dejected I stop talking to her
-A few times she texts me and talks to me on MSN but I don't really say much
-And now today I've found out she's split up with her boyfriend

So basically I have no idea what's going on
dude...

HIT THAT SHIT!!

but as for me, I'm over it, and I ave a girlfriend who I'm very happy with now, so I'm over it, sorry
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

If there's anything to learn from this thread, it's to never ask out a girl over the internet. As little experience as I have, I'll still say that it only makes sense that girls will only appreciate your confidence if you ask them out in person. It's easy to hide behind the internet. Not so much when you have intonation and body language to worry about in person.
I've found Jesus
yep. Moral of the story is NEVER, EVER aska girl out over the internet, or text.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

-Girl I think likes me, is going out with my friend.
-Friend cheats on her, she turns to me.
-I help her through it, we get a lot closer.
-Always texts me things like "I love you <3" and "I miss you"
-Get back home to Kuwait, find out she's going out with another friend of mine.
-I want to kill many many peoples.

Honestly man, listen to some angry music. Listen to "We Hate You" by Electric Wizard. Or the entire Great Southern Trendkill album by Pantera.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
This thread is gay as hell.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
oh yeah, dude, wasn't that the chick you said you were gonna get pussy from when you got home? if so, and she's seeing someone else, fuck that that sucks

as for angry music, fucking Gojira and Strapping Young Lad man.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

it is, but it's a public internet forum. If this can't be some people's catharsis, then what can? We might be saving a serial killer or something

edit: yeah it was, poopsmith. Slap in the face indeed
It's cool though, I'm being a total dick to her.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by nebiru
This thread is gay as hell.

Fucking. Fact.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
listen to gory death metal instead, its much more fun thinking about mutilating her with a rusty knife
My sig is better than yours