Well hello, i have seen the fvcking sticky, and i am starting to play at 40 bpm to correct every mistake i found. before arriving to this thread, i left anchoring, but that (i played anchored before.) made me play unmuting the stringsd. in the video that is in the sticky in the "muting unwanted strings" part, i understood how to mute the strings that are higher than the one you're playing, but my problem is with the ones that are lower. when i play, let's say, a scale (doesn't really matters which one) and i go from the lower E to the higher e, I leave strings ringing behind. i seen the video and it shows how to mute the lower strings with the right hand thumb, but then i doubt came in my head...

Wouldn't that be anchoring, and if so, wouldn't that be bad for me to develop other techniques?

please, help me with this one, guys. remember i did the homework and read the stickies!

thanks!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
palm muting is the one time where you can anchor to your guitar. You have to contact strings with your hand to make the muted sound. So no its not anchoring.

Just to be clear, the most easy way to mute any strings is to palm mute. u do that by setting your right wrist on the bridge while you play.
yeah, i knew that, but i am talking about muting strings 100% of the time. i mean, how do i prevent the strings to ring out when i play normally, not necesarily when i do palm muting!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2