Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience at all with the Genz Benz GBE 1200? I read the specs and they seem to make the amp seem amazing. I was wondering if anyone could provide any experiences with it (or any other Genz Benz products, for that matter) to help me decide whether this (and NOT my SVT) is the amp for me. Thanks!

Fitz, didn't you play through one of these once? I thought I remembered that. I could be wrong.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
There is a New Zealander here who has one, but his name escapes me. He had a UROTM a while back with it in.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by gm jack
There is a New Zealander here who has one, but his name escapes me. He hid a UROTM a while back with it in.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for him or her. Also, I could've sworn that Fitz played through one in a backline, or he heard another bassist play through one, or something.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Hey man, its a pretty good amp from what ive read. But when you did your urotm, didnt you say you werent in a band, so do you really need 1200 watts. maybe the 750 would be more then enough for most casesa and save you a bit of money.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I just got a GBE750 for Christmas. It's only been a little over a week, so I can't say I have that much experience with it yet, but it is a really nice amp.

There are a few videos on Genz Benz's site and Youtube that demonstrate how the GBE1200 sounds. Have you checked those out yet?
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Well. my UROTM just got posted above, but if you need any more info, just ask.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ive played through the Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0, and while it is certainly not dishing out the same amount of power as the GBE1200, I was very impressed with the sound. Definitely interested in looking into Genz Benz amps.
Quote by fatgoogle
Hey man, its a pretty good amp from what ive read. But when you did your urotm, didnt you say you werent in a band, so do you really need 1200 watts. maybe the 750 would be more then enough for most casesa and save you a bit of money.

I joined a band in November, just after my October UROTM. The SVT is great at what it does, but I'd love something a little more versatile, reliable, and ****ing lighter. Nikki, great rig! I love it. If I can think of any questions, I'll PM you. Thanks, everyone, for all the help.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

In all honesty, once you factor in a road case and some extra goodies youd probably still be in the 50-60lb range, but I suppose thats still a step down from an SVT Classic

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Nikki197666
In all honesty, once you factor in a road case and some extra goodies youd probably still be in the 50-60lb range, but I suppose thats still a step down from an SVT Classic

True. I probably wouldn't have anything other than a rackmount tuner in the case, so I could get a 4-space and be set. That couldn't weigh more than 50 lbs, which is like 20-30 less than my SVT. Plus I'd be getting a 4x10 and a 1x15 setup, I'm ditching the 8x10. I love the tone, but I hate the pain associated with moving it. It tends to lack some low end to the tone, though. I generally use a very mid-heavy bass tone, with no shortage of bass or treble. The 8x10 just doesn't compare to the low end of a good 4x10 *or 2x12* and 1x15 setup, if you ask me. With respect to cabs, I think I may go with Eden. I bet the whole Genz Benz/Eden rig would sound godly.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by Your41Plague12
True. I probably wouldn't have anything other than a rackmount tuner in the case, so I could get a 4-space and be set. That couldn't weigh more than 50 lbs, which is like 20-30 less than my SVT. Plus I'd be getting a 4x10 and a 1x15 setup, I'm ditching the 8x10. I love the tone, but I hate the pain associated with moving it. It tends to lack some low end to the tone, though. I generally use a very mid-heavy bass tone, with no shortage of bass or treble. The 8x10 just doesn't compare to the low end of a good 4x10 *or 2x12* and 1x15 setup, if you ask me. With respect to cabs, I think I may go with Eden. I bet the whole Genz Benz/Eden rig would sound godly.

I'd consider the 410GB cab, it really is quite reponsive and has good low end response. But whichever you go with, it will be an amazing rig for sure.