Alright I was in a used guitar shop the other day and I saw a Fender Stratocaster, left handed, but the guy in the shop had decided to put the strings on it as if it were a right handed guitar.

How detrimental to the instrument is this? I know that playing wise it's simply impractical but can this cause any real damage?

* From what I looked at he did not adjust the bridge at all, or anything, for that matter except for the strings.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Jimi Hendrix Tribute? (I know Jimi used a righthanded turned around, but it could be a tribute that righthanded people could buy to get the "Hendrix-look" )
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Jan 2, 2009,
I would think you'd need to widen some of the notches in the nut & adjust the intonation on the bridge.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
It doesn't seem to do any of Doyle Bramhall II's guitars any harm!!

I still wonder why he learnt to play the guitar with the strings the wrong way around
No damage, no.

However, the lower strings may slip out of the nut due to the notches being too thing but that's easy to adjust.

Aside from that, no, it's fine. There's no reason why there should be any damage caused.
i heard that it sortof changes the sound slightly due to the staggered tuners messing with the string lengths, but other than that possibility, i dont see any harm.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
okay, thanks guys, I appreciate it
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.