Alright, so I brought a brand new EHX Metal Muff a few days ago, and just got to try it out today on my VK. I plugged it in, and all I got was a really ****ty fuzzy sound. It almost sounded like a phaser-fuzz-**** tone. Its s brand new pedal, and I tried a used one at GC, and it worked just fine. Now its not the cords, its not the amp because I tried it on my other amp, and its not my guitar. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? The last thing I want to do is to send it back, so I really need some help. Thanks!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
It could well be the sound of the pedal that is disturbing your ears so much. When I bought mine I thought I was doing something wrong, and it turns out, that's actually the tone. I really hate it. It was the first distortion pedal I bought and it will be the last. I have yet to here a tone from a box that actually duplicates distortion with character and definition and not just bassy, mushy, fizzy, blighted mess.
Quote by Punkismygod
Are your wires fine? That's probably your problem.

Hmm I'll check that, and to AngryGoldfish, I already tried it and I liked the sound. There is definitely something wrong with mine.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Oh soz' guv. Apart from everything else, I can't think of what it might be. Without sending it back, I don't know what to suggest, unless there is something wrong with the rest of your setup?
it might be the input and output jacks on the pedal itself. Maybe a wire broke off during shipping and needs to be resoldered. It might even be something so simple as the washer came loose (if that's the case then tighten it with a wrench, not your fingers
Ah nevermind folks. It was the battery. Wow I feel stupid. Thanks for all your help though
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
Ah nevermind folks. It was the battery. Wow I feel stupid. Thanks for all your help though

dont worry we are here to help
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by msuspartan

This is a common problem with the MM, especially if you dont use the battery. I realized this a while ago. Good to know you figured it out man. Just be careful, its a trebley motherf*ucker
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
As a relative new-comer to the guitar world...I'd just like to point out how much more interesting / disgusting / bizarre this thread sounded when I thought a 'Metal Muff' was some sort of chastity belt...

p/o
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master