Page 1 of 2
Which is in your opinion the most versitale amp for home practicing (small room) with affordable price?
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
ohai little sig.
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
Warmer sounding compared to a lot of SS amps.

Ok, i'm looking for a good versatile amp with affordable price (300$) for small room praticing so i will play as quiet as possible.
What do you think will be a good choice?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.

hahahahaha, awesome!.
+1 for the Line 6 Spider III. Just make sure the wattage is 30 watts or more so you don't have to really crank it to hear it good.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Buy one of those starter packs at Wal-Mart. You know, the ones with the 5w amps. That way you'll have a cheap, incredibly portable amp, plus an extra crappy guitar to throw around.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by rocker313
Ok, i'm looking for a good versatile amp with affordable price (300$) for small room praticing so i will play as quiet as possible.
What do you think will be a good choice?

Roland Cube 20x?
Roland Cubes.

Anything with a good, clean sound to practice quick/hard passages.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I'm using a pocket pod, the compilation Roland Cube or Vox + Pocket Pod will be Ok ???
Genre of music?

I'd say fender super champ XD is a solid choice,as are the blackheart models or some crates if you're looking to go tube.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Genre of music?

I'd say fender super champ XD is a solid choice,as are the blackheart models or some crates if you're looking to go tube.

i would say blues/rock i think i will choose one of those:

Roland Microcube
Roland street cube
Vox DA5

Any opinion?

EDIT: i have a line6 pocket pod, would be good to get rid of an amp and just use headphones until...??
Last edited by rocker313 at Jan 3, 2009,
Look around and see what sounds good to you. Probably 90% of the people offering you advice have what can be called a tin ear. For inside the home practice there's no need for an amp to be really loud.
IMHO Roland 20 & 30X Cubes, Vox's AD series, Fender 25 & 65DSP & Vibro Champ and last but not least Line 6 spider III 75 W. All are decent amps and fall in your price range. They will serve you well as long as they aren't getting dropped ,tossed,stuff piled on them or everything cranked to 10 most of the time.
Take your time and play as many as you can then you mae the decision.
Quote by rocker313
i would say blues/rock i think i will choose one of those:

Roland Microcube
Roland street cube
Vox DA5

Any opinion?

EDIT: i have a line6 pocket pod, would be good to get rid of an amp and just use headphones until...??

I'm still going to say Fender super champ XD on this one.15 watt tube amp with built in effects and voicings that range from clean to rock tones and it's only 300 dollars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm still going to say Fender super champ XD on this one.15 watt tube amp with built in effects and voicings that range from clean to rock tones and it's only 300 dollars.

What's the advantages of thisamp over a Roland cube?
i dont think there are really any advantages of the fender over the cube.

it's a matter of preference.

but in your case, you might just want to pick up a pair of headphones.

in the small, versatile, playing alone, amp genre. i like the $125 microcube.

no need to get 30 watts, if you arent playing with anyone else. and the microcube has all the effects in a nice battery optioned package.

if you want to jam with another player from time to time, then the cube 30.

if you are jamming with a drummer or more, then you can move up and out of 30W range.

in this price range, tube amps can be nice but not very versatile.

i also own a Vjr. and it's really nice, but you'll need a couple of pedals to get the most out of it, especially at lower volumes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
All reviews are good about Fender super champ XD, specially for the blusy sound i love. Can anyone confirm that else i will get one no matter what lol.
Yeah the ROland 20x Is amazing
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by rocker313
All reviews are good about Fender super champ XD, specially for the blusy sound i love. Can anyone confirm that else i will get one no matter what lol.

It's probably about the best modeling amp out there, but you may want to consider the Valve Junior with some pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
the vox moddlers are good. i'm not sure how big you're going with these amps.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hrmm... Stay away from spiders. SO about the microcube, well it's a good amp for the price, the cleans and the metal sound pretty good for what it is. But I don't know if its just me or what, but I can't stand the *rock* distortion it sounds like pooo... it's like wayy to much mids. So I dunno, I prefer the vyper (actually impressed me for 99$) but if you want to play "as quietly as possible" I'd say go the guitarport/headphone route.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I use a Orange Crush 30r, or a Line 6 Spider III

No just ****ing no.

Probably:

Fender BJ
Roland Microcube/cube30
Peavey Vyper series
Vox Valvetronix 30
Fender Champ 600
Fender Super Champ XD
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Orange Tiny Terror
If looking for best price/value ratio, i'd say a Kustom dart 10.
If for pure quality small bedroom amp, how about a cornford harlequin Or more affordable, Blackheart Killer Ant hear+decent 2x12?
Peavey vypyr 30w is great, has a lot of effects and is extremely versatile.
If you have a pocket pod just get something with a very sterile sounding clean channel and use the pod for tone. Variety is nice for practice.
I'm using a Spider III 15W. It's decent, but I'm not a snob who needs the most high endest of ****. ****.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Peavey VYPYR. Trust me. I just bought 1 and it's awesome.
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Page 1 of 2