im going to "amp shop" tomorrow haha
i was wondering what amps i should look at. I play thrash metal to stuff like cannibal corpse. i currently have a orange 30 rocker and quite frankly it isnt cutting it for the genres of music i play. i'd like an amp that is tight and has endless amounts of gain
experts of the gear forum HELP ME OUT!
An amp shop?

Anyway look into peavey 6505
Or even bugera
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
well im shopping for amps
my friend has the 6505 dont like the cleans that much, burgera ive heard the are poor quality
Quote by rustinpeace678
my friend has the 6505 dont like the cleans that much, burgera ive heard the are poor quality

BUDGET????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by rustinpeace678

They are when you get them, but after afew tweaks and soldering they are just as good as any other amp
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by rustinpeace678
in the 2,000 US dollar range

THAT'S ALOT OF MONEY !!!

may i suggest a used ENGL POWERBALL or maybe a SPLAWN NITRO OR A USED MESA DOUBLE/TRIPLE RECTIFIER or a USED KRANK REV/ KRANKENSTINE or a PEAVEY 6505+
or a USED DIEZEL HERBERT or a FRAMUS COBRA
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 2, 2009,
I would say for thrash go with a Mesa or The Kerry King JCM 2203 and for death metal I prefer a Ampeg VH-140C

Other options are Splawn, Laney, Peavey Triple or JSX, Engl and so on
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

THAT'S ALOT OF MONEY !!!

may i suggest a used ENGL POWERBALL or maybe a SPLAWN NITRO OR A USED MESA DOUBLE/TRIPLE RECTIFIER

haha yeah man ive been savin up (good to see you are too ) i have 3,000 to spend that ive put aside for an amp but id want to save some. ive heard great things about engl amps and the place im going to has all their models ill be sure to check that one out. not a big mesa fan, llow end is loose as my Ex.
Framus Cobra
ENGL Powerball

I'm pretty sure one of the guitarists uses a Triple Rec although IMO you can get better for the money.
Quote by Shred Head
Framus Cobra
ENGL Powerball

I'm pretty sure one of the guitarists uses a Triple Rec although IMO you can get better for the money.

framus cobra over the dragon? not too familiar with that brand
Quote by CapnKickass
I think cobra is supposed be a little better for metal. I forget though.

how do you like your powerball? i think thats the one for me if i dig the tone when i try it out
It is very nice, a lot of the distortion I hear from other amps only sound average to me now in comparison. The clean channel is very clear sounding. The crunch channel is alright, but shares mid and bass eq with the clean channel. The bright, bottom, focus buttons and the presence and depth punch really help to shape your tone.
I'd recommend it. I still wanted to try the cobra out but I'm happy.
Quote by CapnKickass
It is very nice, a lot of the distortion I hear from other amps only sound average to me now in comparison. The clean channel is very clear sounding. The crunch channel is alright, but shares mid and bass eq with the clean channel. The bright, bottom, focus buttons and the presence and depth punch really help to shape your tone.

yeah, it looks like a great amp for my needs, thanks
Quote by CapnKickass

thx for that
im buying a powerball myself
after i completed my new gear fund
feel free to add me