Poll: Better or worse?
Poll Options
View poll results: Better or worse?
Better
59 89%
Worse
7 11%
Voters: 66.
Ok recently i was at a gathering of my parents and all of thier friends, and two 50 or so year old men came up to me and said " I hear you play guitar" so we went and jammed for a bit, and they were both absolutey immense at guitar. I really loved jamming with them though, and i learned alot. Anyway, my question to you, UG, is do you prefer to play with people better or worse than you?
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
i'd rather play with people better than me so i can gain something from jamming with them.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I like playing with people better than me when they're not being pompous dicks.
Its fun when you play with people better than you unless they act as if they're gods among men and just make you feel like you suck.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Yeah i would have to say better people challenge you to play better, faster, longer, harder.
And that is NOT what she said.
I like to play with better people, I can learn from them.

Unless they're douchebags and make fun of your abilities.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Better than me, as long as their older. I'm 18, and I'll be honest, I can't cope with people who are younger and better than me.
as long as they are cool, I always enjoy playing with better players

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I like playing with nice people who are better than me and who will give me a chance to imrpovise, if theyre just hogging the lead and showing off then its no good really.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I like worse, cause then I get to teach them things. And of course blow their minds.
F B E A D G C F
Quote by phasesevenfold
Yeah i would have to say better people challenge you to play better, faster, longer, harder.
And that is NOT what she said.

I know differently.
I prefer people worse, because I enjoy helping people get better
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
both, i like jamming with people better than me so i can learn some stuff and so i push myself to play more and better, and i also like to play with people that arent as good as me because i feel that all the practice i put in guitar is showing and that all the time spent playing guitar wasnt wasted, and it feels good teaching people and stuf..... yup
I like playing with people better to make me work harder, but every now and again playing with worse people to teach them or for a mean ego boost can be alright too.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I like to play with better people, I can learn from them.

Unless they're douchebags and make fun of your abilities.

My thoughts exactly.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Was really a hard one; when I'm jamming I'd like to be with players slightly better than me so I'm challenged (but not too much or I become shy) - but in a band I'd like the other guitar player(s) to be worse so I get to play all the leads.

Which is funny because I really love playing bass too which is like rhythm but a further step down. Come to think of it, I love to do rhythm too. Hmm.

*calls other guitar player in band to discuss his soloing ability*

Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I like to play with the older blues guys as well they seem to know the most about music imo. Also when I first read this thread title I was gonna say that music isnt about being better than someone else its just about doing it because you enjoy it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You learn so much more by jamming with people more skilled than you are.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Well I can't really say...honestly, anytime I jam or play with anybody, I instinctively think they are better than me. I like learning from people better than me, but to be straight up with you, I prefer to teach people who are worse than me. Developing, of course, not bad.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
I like playing with people better than me because USUALLY they help you out and you learn a lot. I hate it when they're just trying to show you up though.

I like playing with people worse than me (which is rare because I really suck) because I can teach them some things, and teaching not only makes someone else better, but can help make you better as well.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray