When i write lyrics i hate making the songs too literal. I'd rather have symbols and metaphors for people to think about and try and solve. (Symbol in this case meaning something that may represent an idea/person/place/thing) But now after more than 30 or 40 songs, im running out of symbols. Can any of you give me ideas for new symbols? Symbols for good or bad ideas (i.e. - a "light" or "sun" may represent something/someone good. Or a "sunrise" may represent something new approaching or the resolution to a problem.)

I've also thought about finding some kind of storyline or legend/myth/tale to write songs about. (i.e. - Mastodon's leviathan album is about the book "Moby Dick")

Any help would be appreciated. Im sorry if there are any flaws in this, or if it could be directed towards a different thread/forum. If so please do
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
I think that symbols really just have to be abstract ideas that you come up with through deep states of feeling and emotion. When I try to think up symbols and what not, I end up going in circles and feeling like I'm putting limits to what I'm writing, but sometimes things just come to me when I'm focusing hard on something that I feel strongly about.

I don't think I'm really helping, so I'll just say don't try to come up with symbols unless you can find a way to make them come to you naturally.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
..... Thanks actually, you did help. That is all the same with me. When i made thsi i was forcing music and looking for new symbols, but recently my sister died and music if flowing now. Its helping me get over that, but its guna take a lot more....... Thank you for the help...
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....