I play through a mexi strat that I bought during the summer. The tremolo arm is 'superbly' tight, and my guess that it is somehow off the thread. Is is supposed to be loose? am I supposed to be able to twirl it 360 degrees? Thanks for answers

Additionally (this is a total noob q) what is your prefered 'position' of the tremolo, as I dont really even use it...
its supposed to be loose and hang when you plan on using it, you do not want to tighten it unless you dont want to use it, then you can simply just unscrew it all together

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
word word, as expected. Im assuming the lefty loosy rule applies to this fine piece of mecha?
Fender Stratocaster MZ 01
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
you got it mang

just tighten it till its almost tight but hangs, then when you want to use it, use your hand to bring it closer to the strings then elevate/depress for total sonic chaos

good luck

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
If you turn it 360 degrees you either tighten or loosen it. If it feels tight, loosen it by turning it counterclockwise (on a righthanded guitar). Unless it doesn't want to go counterclockwise - in that case, it's stuck (because of too much pressure or whatever) and forcing it loose will result in the arm snapping off and leaving an unrecoverable piece or metal inside your bridge.

Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
...well ****. its tight as **** either direction!

any suggestions?
I was going to try and determine how it became stuck but that's not helping you much I guess. But phew what to do? I don't dare to tell you I broke mine last time this happened to me .

Guitar store asap?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
yep, as i thought, it appears that the trem is a bit stripped at the bottom. I plan on buying a replacement, and seeing if that will help it. Thanks for the replies UG
Quote by Gr0m75
yep, as i thought, it appears that the trem is a bit stripped at the bottom. I plan on buying a replacement, and seeing if that will help it. Thanks for the replies UG

You got it out?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73