not exactly what i mean by the title. ive been teaching another UGer some theory recently, but he hasnt gotten quite the grasp on it yet. i figured that maybe if i made a site with some pictures and stuff it would be easier to understand. lo and behold, i did, and heres the results:

http://thephraseoftheday.com/theory/index.html

this is NOT advertisement. i have no ads lol, all it is is a site where ive thrown a bit of my music theory notes up, and at the moment im looking for critics.

whats good about it?
whats bad?
any info wrong/ missing?
any ideas to expand?

anything really, i think its a really cool idea. i hope to in the near future, put up sound samples and maybe videos to help illustrate theory even further.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
well first off the bat some links are broken (about the author and another one) i will take time to look at it in a bit - looks nice and simple which is always good
I'm not sure about the suggested learning bit (broken link) but you should include a glossary of terms - technical stuff you're guaranteed to run into
so yeah fix the links first off:P - im interesting in looking at what you got
that *important* link sure looks tempting:P
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
had a very quick look

like the idea, though in the modes section it may be nice to include the interval formulas
I like. Although I am sure there are many such sites spawned from one or another UG user, you should seriously consider collaborating with a few 'music theory nerds' on ug who have posted lessons already on various topics and with their permission perhaps use useful excepts. xxdarrenxx's lessons on modes for instance is brilliant.

Meh, wishful thinking; scrap what I said.
Quote by Halakar
some of the links don't work?

ya, forgot to mention that. the only links that work currently are the scale lessons, the other pages dont exist yet >.<
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain

Quote by MisquotedTeabag
I like. Although I am sure there are many such sites spawned from one or another UG user, you should seriously consider collaborating with a few 'music theory nerds' on ug who have posted lessons already on various topics and with their permission perhaps use useful excepts. xxdarrenxx's lessons on modes for instance is brilliant.

Meh, wishful thinking; scrap what I said.

thats what im here for =)
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain