Page 1 of 2
DUE JANUARY 14!

YOU! recently joined member - wanna start the year in the most awesomest way possible? ¿¡qué qué, si!? then, come on and join Songwriting & Lyric's first newbie competition of the year! YAAAAAAAAAAY. show others your super special talents, and be the first newbie winner of the year! yayayayayay

how we do it 'round here:

- 9-12 can sign up (maybe more depending on how fast the spots go).
- Due date will be set once enough people have signed up.
- To sign up just leave a post in this thread saying "I'm in" (or something like that).
- The piece

To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of any time after Oct 1st, 2008 -- No exceptions!

If you finished in the top 3 for the previous months competition (novembarr) then you can not compete in this month's.

If you fail to submit your piece on time, you will be deducted 1 point.
Point distribution:
1st place - 3pts
2nd place - 2pts
3nd place - 1pt

More info:
1) Write whatever you wish in the form of song, poem, prose... just don't make a novel, no one wants to read a book.

2) doesn't have to rhyme... but it can if you want. It can be about whatever you want

3) When you have your piece done PM it to me. To Private Message (PM) you click on my name, go to where it says "send message" on the left side of my profile, then send me your piece. Please put the title in the message, and use the title "Newbie Comp" for the subject

4) Once polls are up, vote in all other pairings that your piece is not in. You MUST NOT vote for your own piece or we will begin by removing fingers and toes and go from there.

Contestants:
1) FaNtEcH*
2) RPExecutor*
3) darkrikku
4) goodgravy13
5) PuppetMaster91
6) socrrulz02*
7) vazzza*
8) Agent Burn*
9) xThreeLibras

* = i received your piece

any comments or questions or other stuff, post them here
pd: happy new year!
Last edited by cubs at Jan 14, 2009,
How about having one of these for users new to S&L forum, instead of just new to UG?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i think many songs will go over the 5000char limit, including mine...

solutions?
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
i really doubt many songs go over the 5000 character limit. I mean, not even "it's alright, Ma (i'm only bleeding)" by bob dylan goes over that and it lasts about 8 minutes and its 20 verses long. are you sure yours goes over the limit? sometimes when PMing, the system says it goes over the limit for some reason. even if it doesn't. if you have trouble PMing your piece, i can give you my e-mail adress and you can send it there.
Quote by FaNtEcH
I'm in...when's the last date?

i'll set a due date once enough people join. im guessing it will be atleast a week from now, so you have quite some time to write something.
you can also send a piece in right now if you already have one
Quote by FaNtEcH
and what about the language? PG 16?

lol, im not sure what exactly PG 16 is, but you can use profanity if thats what you meant. Though as a general rule, your piece must not be considered offensive - that means no sexism, racism, homophobia, insulting, etc.
Quote by cubs
i really doubt many songs go over the 5000 character limit. I mean, not even "it's alright, Ma (i'm only bleeding)" by bob dylan goes over that and it lasts about 8 minutes and its 20 verses long. are you sure yours goes over the limit? sometimes when PMing, the system says it goes over the limit for some reason. even if it doesn't. if you have trouble PMing your piece, i can give you my e-mail adress and you can send it there.

yeah, i'm going to have to do that, the PM machine is having PMS and says mine is over 14000 characters. x_X
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by cubs
lol, im not sure what exactly PG 16 is, but you can use profanity if thats what you meant. Though as a general rule, your piece must not be considered offensive - that means no sexism, racism, homophobia, insulting, etc.

k..i'm starting on my piece now...
ill give it a shot...count me in
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
i note the asterisk beside only one user's name... does that mean no one else's pieces are in, or is it just a specific note for that one person?
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RPExecutor
i note the asterisk beside only one user's name... does that mean no one else's pieces are in, or is it just a specific note for that one person?

That means the piece has been received.
vazzza: you're in
6_months_N: sorry, you don't meet the join date requirements
RPExecutor: Ninjamonkey's right

EDIT: this is still open in case anyone wants to join.
Last edited by cubs at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by cubs
vazzza: you're in
6_months_N: sorry, you don't meet the join date requirements
RPExecutor: Ninjamonkey's right

EDIT: this is still open in case anyone wants to join.

What about me?

You might missed my post, it is last on page 1...
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by wtf290
Don't listen to this man.

Quote by bubblesgogo
You have a gift.
I have sent my Lyrics on your email, they didnt fit in the pm...
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by wtf290

Quote by bubblesgogo
You have a gift.
let's say january 14, a week from now.

Agent Burn: yeah, sorry i did miss you. you're in now.
edit: that was you just a few minutes ago? you didn't include your username, im assuming its you.
Last edited by cubs at Jan 7, 2009,
Oh, yes, i forgot that xD...

Quote by wtf290

Quote by bubblesgogo
You have a gift.
sent lyrics on email. i actually sent them before but i guess somehow you didn't receive them...?
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
ergh... people, send your pieces in! please! i don't want this comp to collapse because only 3 people sent them in...
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Page 1 of 2