I was just learning how to play Pink Floyd's "Breath" on guitar and was thinking...

Is there a "correct" way to play this song? In other words, when Gilmour plays this, does he play it the exact same way each time or does he improvise it? I mean, is it wrong to play the song in incorrect order (i dont mean the verses and choruses, but the notes that comprise each themselves)? After looking at the power tab i realize that i cant learn that song exactly how it is so i have been taking the riffs and just incorporating them when i feel it fits.
Free Mumia
of course
if you play it the way you like ir gilmour will not come to tell you thats wrong
Hola.
Quote by luyano
of course
if you play it the way you like ir gilmour will not come to tell you thats wrong

But does Gilmour play it the same every time? I mean, surely he doesn't play it the exact same every time he performs? Maybe i just have a bad memory and can't memorize these songs, lol
Free Mumia
you gotta improvise it a little, thats the fun of playing other peoples things...and i doubt he picks all the same notes, I think he mixes it up to keep it fresh....very good guitar song though
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"