Ok so my band just started getting prettygood locally and were wanted to play at some pretty large places but the problem is our amps suck. we have one line 6 30w, a orange 15w, a behriger 15w, and a pignose 5w. not too great for some large shows (about warehouse size places).

so we all got our money together to get some pro amps. we all have fender strat american deluxe guitars (3 single coil) and we want fender amps to match (as well as we love the tone).

so what are the best full tube amps fender has. we liked the super reverb RI and the twin amp but we want the best possible and whether thats the RI amp or the pro tubes we can figure out so if anyone here could help it would be appreciated. money is not an issue and we only want fender amps.
genre?
Bass:
2008 Fender MIA Precision Bass
2006 Fender MIM Jazz bass
Amp:
Fender rumble 60
Effects:
Boss bass Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Refurb

MUSE
RADIOHEAD
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERSMy inspirations
Why limit yourself to just fender amps if you play rock? If you have a relatively unlimited budget, just re-cover an amp you buy and slap a fender title on it if it really really needs to match.

High end oranges?
High end Marshalls?
Mesa Boogies?
Check Mojave amps?
Check Dr. Z amps?
Splawn?
Budda amps?
Divided by 13??

Dont limit yourself to fender amps if you're pro

EDIT:
Hughes and Kettner?
Cornford!?
Trainwreck?
Star amps?
Victoria amps??

For speakers, slap some alnico or neodymium or some Tone Tubby speakers or some high-end webers?
Last edited by jarudy at Jan 2, 2009,
well first were not really pro (well locally pro i guess you could say), second our budget is not unlimited, we just want a really good combo amp no stacks because then our budget s limited and they are really heavy. we also like the cleans of the fender (the best weve heard). our GC has all of the fenders in stock but really almost none of the other brands and we dont want to order them from bad past experiences. its not the logo fener its the look. like ampeg has a similar look for bass amps.
Quote by CrysisFX
well first were not really pro (well locally pro i guess you could say), second our budget is not unlimited, we just want a really good combo amp no stacks because then our budget s limited and they are really heavy. we also like the cleans of the fender (the best weve heard). our GC has all of the fenders in stock but really almost none of the other brands and we dont want to order them from bad past experiences. its not the logo fener its the look. like ampeg has a similar look for bass amps.

Well, what IS your budget then since it has changed from unlimited to not unlimited? Clarify this and things will be much easier. Some combos can be really heavy, so a head + cab will be lighter, just 2 trips
I'll post some amps when the budget is listed
get fender super sonics.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
ok we dont want to go above 2500. i talked to them about stacks being lighter than some cobos and we still dont want stacks. there is a super sonic combo if i am not mistaken? we really like the RI amps as well as the PRO TUBE twin-amp.but were not shure if there are better fender ones out there
the super sonic does come in a combo.
it will be your best choice. great cleans and a great drive channel. the only fender amp that can do that without pedals.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
If you get a Fender amp and wont look at any others because of looks and blow $2500 on a brand new Fender from GC, I may have to shoot you.

Many of the amps I listed above can be combos and you really want Fenders for general rock? Plan on buying a nice OD to do justice to a higher end amp.
Quote by CrysisFX
ok we dont want to go above 2500. i talked to them about stacks being lighter than some cobos and we still dont want stacks. there is a super sonic combo if i am not mistaken? we really like the RI amps as well as the PRO TUBE twin-amp.but were not shure if there are better fender ones out there

Vibrolux' are supposed to be amazing. BTW, you won't be getting the twin amp anywhere without a trolly and a car.
jarudy, have you played a super sonic?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
jarudy, have you played a super sonic?

Nope. The only local music store I have is a Best Buy instrument with all the emo kids playing the high end amps. Enlighten me on their tone?
Im done trying to convince the guy on getting something other then a Fender.

Get a Fender Super Sonic. The blonde one looks sexy.
they do a great higher gain tone. not metal, but a very great heavy rock tone. also, with two different great clean tones.
the gain channel is set up similar to how early mesas worked. dual gain knobs (dual cascading gain).
i tried one out, i really liked it. but the amp wasnt really for me, as im more into blackface style cleans and slight OD.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I would still take a Divided by 13 amp, Budda (besides purple color), Cornford (besides purple color), a Mojave (besides head + cab), over the Fender if I was in TS's shoes, but the Super Sonic does sound like a quality amp. Good TS on your decision.
the gain channel is set up similar to how early mesas worked

>_>

should that be the other way around?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
>_>

should that be the other way around?

no.
one could argue that mesa invented multiple channel amps as we know it. they were one of the first to include a dirty channel.
the first mesa amps were princetons modded to be 100 watts and the ability to overdrive it with out cranking it.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I agree with the Supersonic suggestion. Really nice amps, beautiful clean, lovely dirt too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok super sonic it is then thanks guys.

and jarudy, $2500 is our budget but in reality if i was going to spend all that on one guitar amp i would not have choosen fender. but we saved up $5247 from being bag boys a kroger and we would still like some of that to still be in a our bands bank, not blow it all on two amps. if we had to we would but we dont have to so we wont. just so i clear things up. this is why we were hellbent on fender amps. price, quality, and looks.
Last edited by CrysisFX at Jan 2, 2009,