Hi, I have a Line 6 Spider 15 watt (yeah dont flame me for it) and I beleive I have a torn speaker, but I can't tell if I do. It sounds like there is a tear, when I hit low notes it just buzzes really badly. I opened it up and looked at the speaker, but I can't tell if it is bad or not. How do i know if it is torn?
Just listen to the bass- if it's going nuts then it's damaged.
Did it happen all of a sudden or did you do something you suspect may have caused it?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It's been getting worse since like 2 or three months ago. Getting really annoying. I'm sure its cause I put it too loud because I was playing a 15 watt amp with a drummer
My squier sp-10 alqays buzzes and my anunt who also played guitar played it so it sounded pretty much more than my drums so i think it have been torn also.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
unless you put junk inside the back of your amp and juggle it around, you most likely don't have a tear. it's more then likely the coil's wiring coming unraveled from excessive heat.
take the speaker loose and carefully (and as straight as possible, use 2 hands) move the cone in and out, if it's scratchy, it's shot.
Sounds like it's time for you to get a new amp anyways, so go that route.
You need something with more watts if your gonna be playing with a drummer anyways. So if its fine at low volume use it for the bedroom. And invest the speaker money in a bigger and better amp.