Epiphone So-Cal 50w Head and 412
1 25%
Epiphone Blues Custom 30w Combo
3 75%
Other (Please State)
0 0%
Voters: 4.
I finalled my amp decision down to the these 2 epiphone amps:

Epiphone So-cal - http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_SOCALHALFSTACK.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_content=allproducts&utm_campaign=googlebaseSOCALHALFSTACK

Epiphone Blues Custom 30 - http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Epiphone/Custom_Blues_30_Valve_Guitar_Amplifier

Both around the same price and can anyone give me information on the website www.bonnersmusic.co.uk - Is it reliable.
have you tried a laney vc30? personally i think i'd prefer it... which tones are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, personally i'd prefer the laney vc30 for those tones, would save you ~£50 too (even with the footswitch), or you could get it for roughly the same price as those epis if you wanted to do a speaker swap. the blues custom is very dark-sounding (little like a valve junior), you may like that but i wasn't so fussed, the so-cal isn't bad but had a little more noise than i'd have liked, and i think it's probably better for classic rock than blues.

peavey classic 30 would be worth a try too.

the other problem with those epiphone amps is that, just before it went bust, sound control was blowing out its own grainger rebranded versions of each of those amps for £200, so you might feel like you were paying a little over the odds... would be psychological, but still.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I second Dave's Laney VC30 suggestion. They must be pretty cheap in England, too.
Quote by Mike!
I second Dave's Laney VC30 suggestion. They must be pretty cheap in England, too.

The Laney VC30 112 is about £310

I'm gonna try and go to a couple of music shops soon and see if I they have any of them amps in stock.
Last edited by Led Zeppelin45 at Jan 2, 2009,
yeah, gak does them for about £300 i think, but then you'd have to probably add postage to that. if a local store is doing it for £310 i'd probably go with that. i think the footswitch is an extra £15 or so...

no soundclips unfortunately, i don't own one. have you tried youtube? i think mrcarrot (that might not be the exact spelling of his name) has some clips on his profile. or you could just try the only laney thread, a bunch of the regulars in there have vc30s too, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?