Hey guys, I just wanted to get your opinion on Adobe Audition versus the other programs, Pro Tool, Ableton, etc... I downloaded the trial version and really like it, but want to know if it would be worth $400 or just go for something like Pro Tools. Thanks!
I've never used anything but Adobe Audition but it's pretty good and easy to use, I dunno about buying it though, not unless you intend to do alot of recording and get your moneys worth, otherwise just torrent it.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Have you tried looking at other software? I have Adobe and Cubase and I prefer Cubase because I find it easier to navigate with.
.. But then again, you cant go wrong with Adobe Audition either. Whatever suits you best.
xx
well, I use the Adobe Audition as well and I think it is pretty cool. Here are some of the recordings I did with AA3

www.soundclick.com/pg87

its my rock guitar improvisation over backing tracks. Hope you like it
Personally, I don't think it's worth that much. That said, it's a pretty great software. I prefer Adobe over Cubase, but that's more of a personal taste since I've been using Adobe quite a lot more than Cubase.

Be slimy, and torrent it.