I put it in the gear board but someone suggested I post it here so here it is...

I have two options.

1. A DKMG would cost me 500 (new). It already has a tremolo so I wouldn't need to replace that, and maybe in the future I could upgrade it to an OFR or get a hellraiser or something which has one.

2. I found this SLSMG Soloist for 400 (used). The person switched the 81/85 with 85/60 (says he had it done, so it was professionally I suppose). It doesn't have a tremolo, so I'd have to upgrade that to an OFR ASAP. I haven't tried it but I'm sure it's worth 400.

So, should I just wait and upgrade the tremolo on the soloist or should I just get the DKMG which already has a tremolo and I can invest in a new amp.

Getting/Saving up for:
Jackson Dinky MG Series (Transparent Red)
B-52 AT 112 - Amp choice still deciding but I have about $140 towards an amp.
You can't put an OFR in an SLSMG. The body's way too thin to put anything tremolo-like on it, except maybe a Bigsby.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Sounds like you want the DKMG, they are good, thats not a bad price for new.
Quote by V.U.K
You can't put an OFR in an SLSMG. The body's way too thin to put anything tremolo-like on it, except maybe a Bigsby.

The DKMG is very thin and it has a tremolo. I need a tremolo because I play metal and that whammy will come in handy.
A poor guitarist for two years' gear:
Dean Vendetta XM
Roland Microcube

Getting/Saving up for:
Jackson Dinky MG Series (Transparent Red)
B-52 AT 112 - Amp choice still deciding but I have about $140 towards an amp.
Quote by BleakHarvest
The DKMG is very thin and it has a tremolo. I need a tremolo because I play metal and that whammy will come in handy.

Oh my gosh, did you know someone named Paul Gilbert?
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type